Thread: Little known Disney Secrets

Post Thanks / Like
    I love this kind of stuff, do you have any?

1. Fastest ride at walt disney world? The Monorail! (well, almost)
    Did you know that Space and Big Thunder Mountain only move at 26 mph? Pretty slow for a roller coaster. The Monorail was the fastest ride in Disney until Test Track was installed in Epcot..

2. The fountain at Epcot Innoventions Plaza can shoot water 150 feet in the air -- within 30 feet of the top of Spaceship Earth. If all of the shooters were fired at once, there would be 2,000 gallons of water in the air.

3. Spaceship Earth, the visual and thematic centerpiece of Epcot, weighs 16 million pounds -- more than three times that of a Space Shuttle fully fueled and ready for launch. The outer "skin" of Spaceship Earth is made up of 11,324 aluminum and plastic-alloy triangles. Also, did you know that rainwater never falls off the sphere? It's absorbed into the ball and funneled away.

4. Did you know that Disney World recycles all the human waste from the parks and hotels....

It's true, the solid and liquids are seperated and the solids are used as fertilizer on the tree farm, where all the trees for the parks are grown. The liquids are then cleaned naturally by growing hydrangas in them and then the water is sent off to the sprinkler system.

When you look around, you'll see little signs that say "THIS IS NOT DRINKING WATER!" Now you know what they really mean by that!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the fountain at Epcot especially at night when it changes colors and now that I had lessons on my Sony H 5 and bought a tripod , I can't wait till October . A different type of trip this time .
    Ewwww, not so sure I needed to know about the waste . Sorry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disaholic, post: 152734
    4. Did you know that Disney World recycles all the human waste from the parks and hotels....

It's true, the solid and liquids are seperated and the solids are used as fertilizer on the tree farm, where all the trees for the parks are grown. The liquids are then cleaned naturally by growing hydrangas in them and then the water is sent off to the sprinkler system.

When you look around, you'll see little signs that say "THIS IS NOT DRINKING WATER!" Now you know what they really mean by that!

Not something I needed to read before lunch.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    wow!

really cool secrets!

Post Thanks / Like
    wow thats relly interesting about the waste -must remin Hilda to stay away from the sprinklers though

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disaholic, post: 152734
    I love this kind of stuff, do you have any?

1. Fastest ride at walt disney world? The Monorail! (well, almost)
    Did you know that Space and Big Thunder Mountain only move at 26 mph? Pretty slow for a roller coaster. The Monorail was the fastest ride in Disney until Test Track was installed in Epcot..

2. The fountain at Epcot Innoventions Plaza can shoot water 150 feet in the air -- within 30 feet of the top of Spaceship Earth. If all of the shooters were fired at once, there would be 2,000 gallons of water in the air.

3. Spaceship Earth, the visual and thematic centerpiece of Epcot, weighs 16 million pounds -- more than three times that of a Space Shuttle fully fueled and ready for launch. The outer "skin" of Spaceship Earth is made up of 11,324 aluminum and plastic-alloy triangles. Also, did you know that rainwater never falls off the sphere? It's absorbed into the ball and funneled away.

Definitely will keep #4 in mind!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Huh. I find the recycling info fascinating, and very responsible on Disney's behalf. But, I'll admit that I'll look at all the landscaping with new eyes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yuk! I'm never going to run through sprinklers again!