Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An update

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I haven't been around since I went to physio, the news has taken a few days to digest :( It's not a good time of the year for me anyway It's hard to believe that it's 2 years tomorrow that I lost my Dad it still seems like yesterday :(

Anyway, I have got advanced osteoarthritis in my left knee :( and it is more than likely in my right knee as well as my wrists, hands and other joints. There is ulceration under my kneecap and I have marrow odema. Fay, can't believe how I've been carrying on, she said I must have been in pain for years. Like I said to her, I've mentioned it to my doctor and he's just brushed it under the carpet

I didn't tear anything when I fell, she said that basically there is so much damage in my knee that it could have gone at any time.

She said that the consultant will go through things with me, but I will have to have a replacement or partial replacement on my left knee, although they don't like to do this until people are older

What she thinks will happen is that when I see the consultant he will arrange to give me a cortisone injection into the knee and then she thinks that after I have had that I will be able to go away

Chris and I have talked for ages about it and he is worried in case I am in pain but we have decided to wait until the 24th August to see what is said. I have cancelled some things, but we still have our flights as I can change them at any time.

So that's about it I have to wait and be patient until the 24th .............. and being patient is going to be very very difficult.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry! :hugs2:

My dad has had both knees replaced. He had the shots too, but to be honest I don't think they did much for him. Having the surgery has been the best option for him. He just finished therapy for the last one.

Post Thanks / Like
    awww sweetie

My Mum has had 2 steroid injections for her arthiritis. She only had the 2nd one a couple of weeks ago, but the first one gave her almost 2 months free of pain.

Hopefully if you do have one it'll leave you pain free too, so you can enjoy your holiday

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG :( XXXXXXXXXXXX Sorry hun X

Post Thanks / Like
    what would I do without you all to prop me up I hope the injection works for me, but I'm not pinning my hopes on it, I guess we will have to see

The way my luck works, it won't do anything

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aw Wendy, really hope the injections work for you

Post Thanks / Like
    well if all else fails, you and Chris can take some willing volunteers to push you both round the parks while you just sit back and take it easy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow... Gosh, Wendy, that is unbelievable! Let's hope they get things worked out soon!
    xoxoxo
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Wendy my friend I so know how you feel since I have osteoarthritis and small meniscal tears in my knees and combined they do make my knees hurt something fierce at times.

The injections do work for me and as long as I'm careful the only time my knees really really ache enough for me to have to take medication is if it's really cold and damp or if I do too much walking

Which brings me to your Disney trip. You know that I decided years ago that I wasn't going to let a couple of sore knees keep me from going to Disney. You've seen me have to use a scooter and you know that although I'm not crazy about needing it, I will do it rather than stay home!!

I know that this is hard for you honey, but take your Disney trip and use the scooter if you have too, it's better than staying home and missing Disney and Mickey and all the other fun stuff that goes along with it

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG you really are going thought a tough time, I am hoping that they are able to help with the pain so you can have your holiday as you really do need it. Take care and remember we are here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast