Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: After all our trips to WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    You would think I'd know the drill.
    And I do, really...but it's been 5 years since we've been back!
    We've taken the DGD's to Disneyland since then, and have been on a Disney Cruise. so what's my problem?

I need to know, is it worth it to try a new resort, or stick with something I know. We normally stay at a Value resort because we know we won't be spending much time in our room. Well, we all know it's because I'd rather stay in the parks than stay in a room. I AM on vacation ya know.

So, I'm looking for folks who've stayed at Coronado Springs, Caribbean, or the Wilderness Cabins.

Rick and I have camped at Ft. Wilderness many times, but we've always brought our own RV. When we can afford it, we stay at Port Orleans, we love them both. But I want to try something new, without screwing up the vacation.

Help!!! I know you guys can help me.
    People who say money doesn't buy happiness...don't know where to shop!

Post Thanks / Like
    We've stayed at CS and CBR and while they were great resorts, when we went for a walk round WL we absolutely loved the look of the cabins so that's the one I'd go for.

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    Fort Wilderness cabins you mean? Or Wilderness Lodge Villas (DVC villas)?

I love new experiences so I'm going to tell you to stay at a new place! You won't screw up the vacation at all, because it's all Disney just from a different viewpoint, eh?

Of all your choices, I'd say try Port Orleans? I've only ever visited there, but my brother stayed there with his family of five. It was a lovely place and they fit nicely into the hotel room.

It's great that you are getting to go to WDW again!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely go with something new! Give it a whirl!

I have stayed at CS and definitely enjoyed it, but remember it's a very large resort. love their food court!

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like trying new resorts. We TEND to do one week at a new resort and one week at one we love

Coronado was strange to me. I actually loved the theming, the lake and the room was nice and large. The gratuity situation at the food court annoyed me but yet the food was the nicest of any court I'd been to at disney! Then the bus stop seemed weird.

POR/POFQ are my favourites by far

CBR we're going to try again. probably in one of the pirate rooms
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all....And Tink...yup the cabins at Ft. Wilderness...not the Lodge. Gads..I wish we COULD afford that place. I love it. I wish we could stay longer so we could resort hop, but that's totally out this trip. I'm just excited we are actually going! AND without Grandkids! Woooohooooo
    Ok...waiting on Johnie...she's going to HATE me after this.

Post Thanks / Like
    We've stayed at CSR twice and loved it. The theming is beautiful, the CMs are very helpful and friendly, the selection in the food court is amazing and the bus service is excellent.
    It can sometimes be very busy, as it is a convention resort, but you can plan around the busy times.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks MP...all this talk about food is making me HUNGRY!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BevW, post: 153377
    Thanks MP...all this talk about food is making me HUNGRY!
    Lookie here:

Chicken or Beef Fajita Platter - grilled chicken or beef with onions and peppers, served on flour tortillas with traditional toppings, black beans, and rice $15.95
    Beef or Chicken Quesadilla - grilled flour tortilla with chicken or beef, melted Monterrey Jack Cheese, choice of traditional toppings and black beans and rice $14.95
    Chicken Breast - grilled with mushrooms, chimichurri sauce and served with herb rice pilaf $14.50 (Lunch Item only)
    Chicken Breast Scallopini - served with herb rice pilaf $16.50 (Dinner Item only)
    Pan Seared Pacific Salmon - with asparagus, carrots, peas, and herbed rice pilaf $16.95
    Grilled Rueben - corned beef, saurkraut, Swiss cheese, and chips $11.95 (Lunch Item only)
    Grilled Chicken and Shrimp - Adobe marinated and served with vegetables and herbed rice pilaf $18.50 (Dinner Item only)
    <hr>
    Pork With Oriental Vegetables - in Lemon Grass Sauce and served with rice $13.95
    Chicken in Curry Coconut Sauce - with pineapple and udon noodles $14.95
    Spicy Crispy Beef - with ginger, crushed red peppers and sugar snap peas served with rice $13.95
    Sampler - any two of the above and an egg roll $17.95
    <hr>
    Market Station
    Caesar Salad - with chicken and parmesan cheese, tossed to order $12.95
    Chicken Curry Salad Sandwich - with raisins, walnuts, and apples $12.95
    Oriental Salad with Shrimp - Shrimp served over oriental vegetable mix, udon noodles, oriental glaze and rice wine vinegar $13.95
    Assorted Traditional Sandwiches - served with corn and honey slaw, and chips $10.50 (Lunch Item only)
    Traditional Meal Salads $11.95 (Lunch Item only)
    Grilled Shrimp - served over lettuce with chipolte cream and Italian herb dressing $15.95 (Dinner Item only)
    <hr>
    Grilled Tuna Steak - with grilled vegetables and rice pilaf $19.95
    Half Chicken Rotisserie - served with grilled vegetables and French Fries $15.95
    Pepper Market Cheeseburger - with bacon or roasted mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, onions, and steak fries $12.95
    Pepper Market Chicken Breat Sandwich - with bacon or roasted mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, onions, and steak fries $13.95
    Carved Roast of the Day - served with grilled vegetables and potatoes. Market Price
    Ribeye Steak - served with grilled vegetables and baked potato $23.95 (Dinner Item only)
    <hr>
    Traditional Pepperoni and Sausage $10.25
    Carne Asada - with beef, cheese, pepper, and tomato sauce $12.50
    Pepper Market Supreme - pepperoni, sausage, pepper, onion, cheese and tomato sauce $13.95
    Shrimp, Goat Cheese, and Pesto $13.95 (Dinner Item only)
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    The nachos at the Pepper Market are to die for!!!! They also make a mean bourbon chicken that is also delicous!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast