Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UK Passports

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone renewed recently?

We need to renew 2 adult and 1 child passports before next summer. Adrian seems to think we need to travel to Southampton because we have to get new biometric passports.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did mine last Monday, got form at main post office , filled it in (took my 2 passport size pictures with me) got the lady behind the counter to check it (6.80) paid my 72 fee and that was it , she said i will get it back in 2 weeks... didnt have to do anything diffrent from when i renewed 9 1/2 years ago...except cry at the loss of hair when i compared pictures....looking into facelift and toupe now...

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent, I just need to go and speak to the miserable man at the Post Office then.

And get the boy to not smile at the camera.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got the boys new ones and just picked up the forms from post office, filled in and posted off - I didn't do the post office check and both back within 2 weeks

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 153268
    Excellent, I just need to go and speak to the miserable man at the Post Office then.

And get the boy to not smile at the camera.
    Dawn if you have a photo optix or similar near you it's well worth getting the photos done there - they are a bit more expensive than the booths but they take a digital photo and they make sure it is exactly right for the passport - we had our booth photos of the kids turned down last time as their eyes were in the wrong place!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm, post: 153266
    got form at main post office , filled it in (took my 2 passport size pictures with me) got the lady behind the counter to check it (6.80) paid my 72 fee
    That's what I did a couple of months ago. Very simple.
    I had the pics taken at a digital booth which gave you plenty of time to choose the pic. There is a leaflet with the application form which explains exactly how the photo should look.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    I got mine back in about three weeks. Dd's is away at the moment. Her old passport was sent back on Friday, so I would think her new one will follow soon. Her's should take about 3 weeks in total too.

Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Sent my application off this afternoon. Now I need to keep my fingers crossed it's back in time.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will need to renew both my British and Aussie ones before next trip. Expensive!

I could just travel on the Aussie one, but I like having both!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ours need renewing next year... not like the photos even vaguely resemble us anymore anyway! Herself's is a 20 year old photo! They simply used the original when she sent it in for renewal the last time.
    Life is fragile. Each day really does matter. Live, live, live! Remember to love and let love, too.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast