Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What dress codes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello what dress codes do we need to be aware of at the normal parks, water parks and restaurants around disney. never been before and there is no mention of dress requirements in any of the catalogues

Post Thanks / Like
    In the parks there are very few dress codes. Mostly no disgusting or vile T-shirts or any revealing wear. The finer restaurants do request resort casual (none in the parks except may Bistro de Paris) in EPCOT.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    At the water parks people wear both two pieces and one pieces.

In general I think of it this way, if you don't want a small child to see your clothing then it's probably not appropriate. I have gone mostly in the summer and the normal attire for most are shorts, t-shirts, tanks, and the occasional skirts.

Please wear comfortable shoes. You will walk miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    we've seen people told to turn their t-shirts inside out when theyve had bad or offensive logos or words on them, other than that it seems like almost anything goes

they dont seem to enforce the business casual dress code at the restaurants either :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dvcjane, post: 153601
    they dont seem to enforce the business casual dress code at the restaurants either :(
    Unfortunately !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 153606
    Unfortunately !!!!
    Very unfortunately!!! sigh
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 153612
    Very unfortunately!!! sigh
    Another very unfortunately here also.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    It's supposedly shirt and shoes must be worn in the theme parks but I've seen that flouted by bikini top wearing girls at times.

Disney needs to tighten up on dress code, especially in the more upscale restaurants.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wear something that you would wear to your friends or families barbecues on a summer day/evening, can't go wrong or offend

Post Thanks / Like
    All good advice. Be sure that whatever you wear is the most comfortable things you own. Remember, that although it may seem to make sense to get as skimpy in clothing as possible in the heat, that is actually counter productive. Your best bet is white or very light cotton clothing. Long sleeves are actually cooler as long as they are loose fitting. You'll want the air to move the clothing, and the perspiration to wick away from your body.

A hat with a visor, again light colored, sun glasses, regularly applied sun screen, and footwear that is supportive are the best choices.

Now, no Disney isn't enforcing the dress codes other than telling you about them when you book a signature restaurant. Victoria and Albert's will enforce it, but that's it. No one is going to be turned away. That's where social pressure comes in. Personally, I don't like people gawping at me, so I'm not about to wear something other than the recommended dress code in those few restaurants that make that request. :spring:

I can honestly say I'd be so uncomfortable I wouldn't enjoy my dinner.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast