Raglan Road will rock yer socks off, especially at night, when there's live music and a lovely Irish step-dancing lassie who hops up on one of the tables to do her stompy footwork. If you know any pub songs (The Wild Rover, The Black Velvet Band)--the bands often take requests that turn into pub-wide singalongs. And if you don't know any, hit up YouTube and listen to a couple, so you can join in the alcohol-laden serenade!

I'm not a beer drinker (gasp--heresy in a pub, I know), but I still have a 2007 Raglan Road receipt wherein someone who strongly resembles myself seems to have knocked back eight "Nutty Irishmen".

The drink, that is. (Or, to be more accurate, a shot--but what delicious shots they were!) I recall the food through a somewhat fuzzy haze of nutty Irishness, but it was quite yummy, despite the dour portraits of famous Irish writers scowling down at us during the meal.

Teppen Edo has amazing teppanyaki-cooked dishes, and we enjoyed the sushi as well. Wasabi plus Disney...swoon!

Germany worked well as a dinner show the first time we were there. Beer drinkers in our travel party really enjoyed the German brews. The entertainment was lively and the meal was stick-to-your-ribs type stuff (who knew there were so many foods with -brat or -wurst in 'em?!) Years later, we had lunch there and enjoyed it just as much, though it was less raucous and more filled with young families at that time.

Marrakesh seems to scare folks away, though I'm not sure why. Maybe they envision a feast of whole eggs stuffed into whole ducks, stuffed into whole sheep, stuffed into whole camels?
The food was satisfying and tasty, but not exotic in any sort of "OMG what's THAT" sort of way. What I liked best about Marrakesh was the cool half-darkness of the place; a nice break from the heat...and we didn't even get to see the belly dancer! We booked our lunch so early that she wasn't performing yet, I think (but it's 15 years ago, so my memory may be a bit wonky there).

If you can splurge, Victoria and Albert's will give you a meal you will talk about for years. Again, 15 years later and I still remember my meal there--even without the personalized keepsake menu they sent me home with!