Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How can we make Disney Secrets even better?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all

We're always looking at new and fresh ways to bring you more information, hints, tips and features.

We wondered if there were things you find you have to look for elsewhere which we could implement here to save you the trouble?

On the flip side, anything here which doesnt work for you or which is overly complicated, hard to find or hard to use ? Any ideas feel free to brainstorm them here thanks

Some recent comments people have sent to start us off :)

Make the information on the main pages easier to find by having them accessible via a menu on the forums eg. park information like hours etc.

More menus please!

a Map showing the places to go in orlando

a get to know the forum hosts so we know whos who

a better gallery or instructions on how to use the one we have

links to reviews theyre hard to find

Disney Secrets car stickers, lanyards etc?
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I didnt even know there was a main site so having menus down the side or at the bottom or something with quick access to information would be good.

also better themes for iphone because it does work but I have to scroll a lot

Post Thanks / Like
    Keith,

I'd like to see more options on picture attachments. Some other forums that I belong that use the same PHP based system let you order your attachments and add a caption to them in the "Manage Attachments" window. Useful if you want to put your pictures in a particular order and add a little explanatory note to each one. Did I make this clear? Or am I babbling again?

I hate it when that happens!

Tom (... prefers Ruby on Rails himself)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disnut, post: 153995
    I didnt even know there was a main site so having menus down the side or at the bottom or something with quick access to information would be good.

We did know, when we first joined, but as we now have the computer set up to log in straight to forums we forget the other services - I would agree that a menu down the left hand column would be great.

One thing on here that I find hard........................ On other forums I have always clicked on "new posts" to do my catching up. In this one once you have clicked on new posts and answer anything that post then disappears unless someone comes along afterwards and posts something else - I often want to refer back to something I have typed and so it remaining in "new posts" until it has naturally gone down the page would be good for us. Don't know if I've explained that very well, so hope you know what I mean

The chat room is a unique way for us all to get to know each other and it would be lovely if we could build on that. Is there any way of putting a chat room logo somewhere on the forum page that maybe goes green or flashes when the chat room is active to encourage and remind others to join in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsetlakes, post: 154002
    We did know, when we first joined, but as we now have the computer set up to log in straight to forums we forget the other services - I would agree that a menu down the left hand column would be great.

One thing on here that I find hard........................ On other forums I have always clicked on "new posts" to do my catching up. In this one once you have clicked on new posts and answer anything that post then disappears unless someone comes along afterwards and posts something else - I often want to refer back to something I have typed and so it remaining in "new posts" until it has naturally gone down the page would be good for us. Don't know if I've explained that very well, so hope you know what I mean

The chat room is a unique way for us all to get to know each other and it would be lovely if we could build on that. Is there any way of putting a chat room logo somewhere on the forum page that maybe goes green or flashes when the chat room is active to encourage and remind others to join in.
    i know what you mean linda and i think its actually better that the post goes til its replied to as there is less clutter so to speak and easier to to keep up...you can always use the todays posts to find your replied to posts in the quick links drop down menu, whereby every single post will be there the ones you replied to before its posted to again is just lowlighted :D
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    An area for "free downloads" would be a good resource - with some templates for mousekeeping envelopes, luggage labels, wall planners/countdown calendars, etc that we can personalise and print off at home for ourselves.

Post Thanks / Like
    great ideas !!!! Keep 'em coming
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    a forum for travelling with kids...

letely I have asked some specific questions regarding travelling with toddlers/young kids... and some members have been kind enough to answer them

however, now I want to refer back to what they said, and its taking me AGES to find the threads... so Im thinking if we had a section it would be helpful for everyone whos taking kids with them and who might have the same questions

Post Thanks / Like
    Apologies in advance if there is already one but I'd love to see a detailed map of the general area around WDW showing all the different developments where villas tend to be. I know of some places (something like Highland Reserve?) but have no idea where they are in relation to WDW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Farm Town

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast