Thread: villa security deposits?

Post Thanks / Like
    Im still deciding whether to stay on disney universal or in a villa so Im looking around at various villas which all look brilliant by the way

they all want money as security which I suppose I understand but there doesnt seem to be any guarantee how soon I'll get it back or if I will at all!!

am I worrying over nothing?

Post Thanks / Like
    I send back our security deposits within 7 days, as soon as our MC have done the exit clean I check to make sure everything is ok and then I send it back.

I have NEVER had to keep a sceurity deposit - once we had guests who pulled the toilet roll holder off the wall and we split the cost of getting a new one fixed on - I know they didn't do it on purpose but obviously it had to be fixed - I thought I was more than fair by splittting the cost.

As long as you treat the home with respect and if there are any problems you report them to the Management Company as soon as they arise then all should be ok.

I'm happy to chat sio if I can help just let me know

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi... Like wise we return ours as soon as we are told by cleaners that villa has not sustained loss or damage again within 7 days, not to date have we had to with-hold any deposit.

Post Thanks / Like
    We are the same, we return our deposits as soon as we have the check out report (usually within 48 hours).

I have had to retain some of a guests security deposit recently - when their children decided to paint the bedroom furniture in the Winnie The Pooh Bedroom with flourescent pink nail polish, they also spilt the remainder of the bottle all over the comforters and carpets in that bedroom. We agreed with the guests the charges to put the room back to its normal standard and it was all decided upon amicably, they still received the balance of the deposit within 7 days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsetlakes, post: 154357
    I have had to retain some of a guests security deposit recently - when their children decided to paint the bedroom furniture in the Winnie The Pooh Bedroom with flourescent pink nail polish, they also spilt the remainder of the bottle all over the comforters and carpets in that bedroom. We agreed with the guests the charges to put the room back to its normal standard and it was all decided upon amicably, they still received the balance of the deposit within 7 days.
    That`s exactly the reason why we only rent out our villa to folks we know.
    Our management company have told us some real horror stories of the damage caused by certain guests.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 154440
    That`s exactly the reason why we only rent out our villa to folks we know.
    Our management company have told us some real horror stories of the damage caused by certain guests.
    We must be very lucky then as we have had very little damage I like to talk to our guests before they go and do not rent to tour operators as they think the houses are theirs to do as they wish
    I return deposits as soon as I am notified too
    Reagrds
    Barbara
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TIGGERS VILLA
    WWW.FLORIDAGOLFVACATIONVILLA.COM
    BILL AND BARBARA WELCOME YOU
    01709 881502