Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cost of school holidays - week 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Spending quality time with your son: priceless

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 155159
    Spending quality time with your son: priceless
    Exactly!

You know toward the end of last term we actually had some parents come in to see the head asking what on earth they were going to do for 6 weeks with their children.

We live between the beach and the south downs with any number of parks and open spaces for the kids to play and none of this costs a penny.

Yes I spend money but I'm lucky that I can afford to and my boy will only be 6 once. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsetlakes, post: 155109
    It doesn't end when they've all grown up........................... I'm taking the granchildren to Legoland and have decided it would be fun to stay overnight in a hotel with us all in one room for some Nana/Angel fun!! I'll also be doing the ball parks, soft play parks and the cinema. I do get to give them back at the end of it all though - so costs me less in paracetamol
    Hope you don't mind me asking Linda. How many Grandchildren do you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 155181
    Exactly!

You know toward the end of last term we actually had some parents come in to see the head asking what on earth they were going to do for 6 weeks with their children.

Summer holidays are long but hey it is time with the children. The older mine have become the more manageable it has become. My temper can still flare up when the weather is horrible and we are stuck in doors.

We have lots of people over. It never bothers me.how many are in ,as l can always send them home. We have a library at the end of my road and my weepy moment this week was when Lily "asked" to go and get 2 new books as she had read her two. I never thought l would see this day. She has struggled so hard with her dyslexia . She had a genuine fear of books,not as in screaming but would avoid them at all cost.
    She read 2 very lower range books BUT SHE READ THEM and enjoyed them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I love seeing all the pictures of your trips and activities with him! He will truly appreciate these times when he is older. A day that passes is a day you don't get back.

That being said, I agree, thank goodness it's only one boy you are paying for...might need to take a second mortgage for a second child. ;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12