Thread: renting mobility scooters?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quick question, can you hire those scooters? We're not sure we'll have to yet but if we do I'd like to be prepared? Are they expensive and is it disney who hire them or another company?

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe you can rent them at the parks, just like a wheelchair or a stroller, however you can only use them there. So, if you need them for your resort or for going elsewhere you are better off renting them from an offsite company.

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the stroller, wheelchair and ECV rentals at WDW are by an outside vendor now. Could be wrong, but it seems the change coincided with the price increases.

Renting an ECV in the parks is fairly pricey. I don't remember how much it was in December 2007, but more than I wanted to spend. I ended up buying a walker offsite, which suited my needs better--injured the quadraceps in both legs a day and a half before we left for WDW! Couldn't use those muscles at all and had to lever myself up and down, so an ECV wasn't that much of a convenience for me that trip.

I would recommend renting an ECV off site, if possible, for the duration of your visit. The companies will deliver it to your resort and pick it up on your last day. Then it can be used at your resort or off site. That walk from the parking lot, bus stop or tram stop can be incredibly long if you're having difficulty walking! I can vouch for that from experience!

Randy's Mobility has been recommended on other sites, but there are many others in the Orlando area.

Post Thanks / Like
    According to my 2009 Unofficial Guide, the ECV rentals go for 45 dollars a day (plus a $20 refundable deposit at all major parks--at Downtown Disney the deposit is $100).
    It also says the number of ECV's is limited and that the ECV's at MK seem to drive much faster than those at the other parks.
    Love isn't about finding someone you can live with.
    It's about finding someone you can share a lifetime with.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a travel Agent in Northern Kentucky. She rents a ECV for me through a Company Called WALKER MEDICAL, located in Kissimmee, Florida. I don't think it is owned by Disney.

Post Thanks / Like
    im currently in talks with walker mobility, i hired a WC from them and they deliverd it before i even got there, great service and very friendly staff.

i noticed there were loads of ecv's at a disney park first thing so id get there early to rent as im guessing they would go very quickly
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    There are EVC for rent at the parks. Last time I checked they were $40 a day. You can't take them from park to park, but if you save your reciept they will give you one (if available) for no charge at which ever park you've hopped to. This only works for the day of the rental though, so you will pay the $40 per day charge for each day.

If you are staying onsit then you best bet is to rent one from an off site company! The average charge for a basic EVC is $30 per day with free delivery and pick up at your resort