Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Other UK/US destinations

Post Thanks / Like
    Places we've been in the US other than WDW are:

San Francisco - really nice, Alcatraz was really good. There are so many other places to visit that are close as well.

Yosemite - Wonderful, we only had 2 days there and we saw hardly anything. It is an amazing place and so peaceful, I definitely want to go back there.

LA - It was nice to go and see the original Disney. There are some nice places near LA, but we were really disappointed with Hollywood and the Walk of Stars etc, it as really run down and a bit seedy Santa Monica was nice.

Vegas - Well you either love it or hate it I'm glad we went, but I can't see us ever going back again, only if we wanted to go back to the Grand Canyon which was FANTASTIC!!!! We did a helicopter tour over the Canyon and then landed inside and had a trip up the river for breakfast. It really was wonderful, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. We also saw the Hoover Dam which was amazing.

Hawaii (Oahu) - My dream holiday (other than WDW of course just don't make me choose :o ) Everybody should be able to go to one of the island in their lifetime. It is expensive but there us so much to do you have everything to keep everyone happy, beaches, things to do, sight seeing, history.

In the UK we've been to:

The Lake District which was really nice and we would go back, perfect if you like walking or taking photos, as DH does

Poole/Bournemouth - we have been there so many times, we have friends there it is a lovely place - I particularly fond of Sandbanks - if only I could afford to love there that will never ever happen though

Cornwall is OK people rave about it, but I lived in Cornwall for 15 years and so I don't see anything nice about it, it's changed too much for me I remember the way it used to be :o

Devon - there are some lovely places in Devon

Other than that, I've been to Greece, Spain, Cyprus, Majorca and Tenerife - they are all beach holidays and DH is not the type of person who likes to lie on the beach They are all very much the same as well.

I would love to go to Ireland and now with flights available from our local airport we are likely to go sooner rather than later

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Places I've been to in the US that made me go WOW!!!!

San Diego.
    Sante Fe
    Smokey Mountains
    Grand Canyon
    Lake Powell
    New Orleans

Places in the UK that made me go WOW!!

Cornwall - have some photies I can post if you want.
    Arundel - it's a lovely town for day trip and the view over the town as you come round the bend on the A27 is just the best view in the country. And it's only 20 minutes from me.
    Lynton/Lynmouth in Devon. Lovely little towns at the bottom of the scariest road in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are 3 places in the UK I LOVE. Cornwall, Devon and Somerset.. If I was unable to go abroad for any reasons, I would be MORE than happy to go to one of these ( Preferably Cornwall). Love the place!

In the US - Only been to two places.. New York and Orlando. Both amazing places but loved New York more!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sodona, AZ, those red rocks are unbelieveable. The back roads of Wales. Mexico, and of course it goes without saying, lobster on the seacoast of Maine. As to the kind of traveler I am, I want to get out and see it all, but set awhile and enjoy it when I get there.

NW UK, handy for the Lakes, Dales, Peak District a
    Post Thanks / Like
    York city and surroundings, North York Moors, particularly Pickering and Rosedale Abbey.

Derbyshire Peaks District around Matlock and Bakewell (Chatsworth House area)

Yorkshire Dales

Lake District

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammiepo, post: 6529
    Sodona, AZ, those red rocks are unbelieveable. The back roads of Wales. Mexico, and of course it goes without saying, lobster on the seacoast of Maine. As to the kind of traveler I am, I want to get out and see it all, but set awhile and enjoy it when I get there.
    We'd like to do a trip where we go to Maine, Vermont and Boston, New England is somewhere we really want to go, we'll get there one year I know we will Hey, maybe you and Tink can show us the sights

There are so many places in the US we want to go, I don't think we'll ever make them all though :sigh;

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike, post: 6532
    I've been there too. Chatsworth was beautiful. Even Adrian was impressed and he's a philistine. Nice restaurant there too. :p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike, post: 6532
    York city and surroundings, North York Moors, particularly Pickering and Rosedale Abbey.

Yorkshire Dales

Lake District

I loved Bakewell - had the best fish and chips there I have ever tasted and it's nowhere near the sea

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Cornwall is OK people rave about it, but I lived in Cornwall for 15 years and so I don't see anything nice about it, it's changed too much for me I remember the way it used to be
    Could not agree more.

I think everyone should have least one visit to New York. I will be going on my 4th trip in November. Love it, lots to see do and of course there's the shopping
    I like Dublin, great city and the Irish are very friendly.

Of course there is always Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    Dublin is a wonderful city, but my heart is in Bantry Bay. It's home to me, pure and true. I would live there in a second if I could.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast