Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mum has swine flu

Post Thanks / Like
    My sister has been with her today waiting for the doctor, Mum has a chest infection and swine flu. Chest infections are bad news anyway as amongst a whole host of illnesses she has COPD and has had pnuemonia numerous times.

She's such a trooper though, doesn't sit still unless she's practically tied down!

As she lives alone we'll all be on hand to look after her this week, bit of a shame as DH is on a weeks holiday and we'd decided on days out rather than camping - may have to play it by ear.

My other sister's going up first thing to check on her, the sister who's been with her left a short time ago.

The one who's going tomorrow is Mum to my niece with Crohns and she's keeping an eye on her as she's poorly at the moment too and has low immunity.

We've all seen Mum anyway, she was here on Wednesday for Matthews 10th birthday.

My brother will also be checking in on her so she's got 4 of us to look after her, I'll bet that's why she had 4 children.....more to take care of her now she's older!

please could you keep your fingers crossed Mum that will get better soon, we worry so much when she's poorly after she was dreadfully ill a few years ago.....

arrrrgh!!

Post Thanks / Like
    It is such a stressful time for everyone, I'm sure with all that Love and Attention your Mum will be right as rain in no time!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Will be thinking of your Mum and wishing her well.

Post Thanks / Like

She will be in my prayers, I hope she gets better soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Hugs for you and your family! I hope she gets better soon! It's hard enough being sick with one thing, but when you have other problems, it just makes it even worse.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thinking that not so many people should be visiting her?... especially the ones with vulnerable family members to go back home to?.. Anyway I hope she's alright XXXXXXXX

Post Thanks / Like
    Wishing you mum a very speedy recovery, glad she got the chest infection diagnosis and I presume anti-biotics to help with that, I know of a couple of people recently that have been prescribed tamiflu from the helpline as their symptoms matched but actually had a throat infection and so didn't get antibiotics until quite late.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Sending your mom loads of

Hope she's feeling much better soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope your mum is feeling much better soon

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you everyone

i know it there are lots of us looking after her but unfortunately it's impossible for just one of us to do it all the time.

I have spoken to her a couple of times today and she said not to go up there as she'll be ok to make herself a cuppa and toast, she's taking it easy and started both her anitbiotics and Tamiflu. I'll be calling her later and in the meantime told her she must ring if she needs help.

My 'Crohns' niece has just been diagnosed and given Tamiflu this morning - she's a worry, again because of her reduced immune system.

We've all been in contact with both of them, and each other over the past few days, we just have to hope we don't get it too.

Jamies friends Mum was a bit paranoid over it recently, even keeping her lad off school for the last week and a half prior to the holidays - you could get it from anywhere though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast