Thread: find the characters?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

How do you know where to go for character autographs other than the character buffets? The first time we went there were double decker busses with them on but I've reed they're no longer there because Disney thought that it was too sad for children when the bus drove away??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AKLnut, post: 6330
    Hi

How do you know where to go for character autographs other than the character buffets? The first time we went there were double decker busses with them on but I've reed they're no longer there because Disney thought that it was too sad for children when the bus drove away??
    Yes I remember the double decker buses with the characters on at epcot on our first trip to Disney. Its a shame its no longer there.

However, all the parks will have the characters signing autographs throughout the day. You will also have plenty of photo opportunities too.

You will probably have to join a queue to get your autograph book signed and to take some photos but it is well worth the wait.

Its amazing getting your photo taken with your favourite character and its a memory you wont forget.

I treasure my first photo taken with tigger. :disney_smiley_73:

Post Thanks / Like
    You can stop at Guest Relations at each park and ask if they have a schedule for when the characters are going to be out and where they are going to be.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    If it starts to rain the characters run away :( Buzz lightyear did it just as I was 2nd to front of the queue, its not as if he's going to rust... he's plastic!!!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 6434
    If it starts to rain the characters run away :( Buzz lightyear did it just as I was 2nd to front of the queue, its not as if he's going to rust... he's plastic!!!!

As Tink said if you go to Guest Relations, they will be able to help you. There is normally some in Town Square and outside the castle. Visit Toontown and meet characters and the Princesses in Toontown Hall of Fame.

In Epcot you can go to Character Connection which is in Innovations West, you will find characters there all day. There are also characters in most locations in World Showcase.

In Hollywood Studios, they are under the Sorcerer's Hat, Animation Courtyard and other places.

At Animal Kingdom, there is normally some when you arrive before you get to bag check. Once inside there is Camp Minnie Mickey and Africa to name a few, oh and keep your eye open for DeVine :)

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also the characters tend to be in places where you would expect to see them - Peter Pan, Hook etc by Pirates of the Carribean, Buzz etc by Buzz Lightyear in MK or Als Toy Barn in DHS. The same goes in Epcot in World Showcase characters associated with certain countries tend to be found there, Alice and May Poppins in the UK, Belle and the Beast in France etc. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]