Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: i've failed as a parent !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the reason we are going to St Lucia this year, we would normal be going to Florida but when we returned home in 2007 the kids both said they didn't want to go back, well now we are booked for 2010 and the kids can't wait, maybe he needs a break to do something new.

Post Thanks / Like
    I say sell him to the circus and use the profits to take YOURSELF to Disney!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ohmygosh, what a great twist on a sideshow theme...
    Step right up and see "The Boy Who Doesn't Like Disney!"

*the crowd oooooo's and aaaaahhh's in amazement*

Heh, j/k...I'm sure it's something he might just be tired of atm, and he'll come around again sooner or later! I don't think I know any truly dyed-in-the-wool Disney haters...that's a good sign that it's a phase!
    Love isn't about finding someone you can live with.
    It's about finding someone you can share a lifetime with.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a faze , Pat got the same way , planning a trip ... let me guess Dissss~neeeeeey again . But when it came time for him to get engaged it was Disney and now he can not wait to share the world with Kierstyn next October . She will only be 14 months old . Nanny & Poppy are buying her her 1st Disney outfit . Any ideas on what I have planned ? whistle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 156366
    Daniel (15) does not want to go to Disney World!!

what have i done? will he change his mind?

Our DS (14) was a little like this this year (we go in October). So we offered to take a friend with him and now he's more excited than anyone i've ever seen - they spend hours in his room "planning" what they are doing, going on, eating, spending, etc., etc!! The friend he has asked is equally excited and has never been abroad before.................. I have to say i'm really excited to as its a long time since we saw the mouse through fresh eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    He's 15 he doesn't know what he wants. He says that now,give him a year and after his GCSE's he will be glad to go anywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Huh - our almost 15 yr old who doesn't want to do *anything* with us right now!

Give him time, he'll come round eventually!

Post Thanks / Like
    They all go through that at that age! We know, we've been through it 6 times and in all probability soon to be 7!! Just wait as they get a little older you won't be able to do anything without them again!! Just try to get away on your own

NW UK, handy for the Lakes, Dales, Peak District a
    Post Thanks / Like
    i've failed as a parent !!!
    .. no you haven't! WDW is too good for kids.. I've been lucky enough to go twice without mine, and the trips were by far and away the best we've had in 8 visits! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you tell him it's a great place to meet chicks?

I met someone there back when I was 14 (1985) from Phillipsburg, New Jersey (playing volleyball at River Country). We stayed in contact over the next couple of years through letters (remember those) and our families met up there a couple of more times. After she graduated college she ended up moving to Chicago and stayed with us until she found a job and place to live. She also ended up being my wife's personal assistant and sang at our wedding. We still keep in contact to this day, 24 years later, although not as much as I would like.

See if that will get him to Disney?

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast