Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wilderness Lodge Must Do's?

Post Thanks / Like
    For those of you who have stayed at WL in the past, what are your favorite things to do at the resort? Favorite things to see? To eat? Quiet place to sit?

It's a rare treat for me to have the opportunity to stay in such 'poshness' while at Disney (thanks again to my BFF, Johnie ) so I want to make the very, very most of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow the "hot spring" water that forms a stream right out of the lobby and out to the pool...watch the electric light parade on the Lagoon from the WAY back of the pool area...eat at Whispering Canyon, just for the sheer fun factor. It won't be quiet but it WILL be fun. Look up at the layers of faux rock in the fireplace--they were designed to exactly mimic the layers of the real Grand Canyon (AND there's a hidden Mickey waaaay up in there if you can find it)!
    I love the Wilderness Lodge, it was my first non-value resort, and it's always going to be special to me!
    Love isn't about finding someone you can live with.
    It's about finding someone you can share a lifetime with.

Post Thanks / Like
    We love to simply walk the grounds. They are pretty and very well kept. Look closely at the walkways! :D :D

We Looooove Artist Point. They have really lovely food there. Fancy American if that makes any sense. As for the corner table (as you enter the one to the extreme right). It's a glorious view.

Take the boat. It's always fun.

Look out for skeeters! They grow them big in the northwoods!

Explore the lobby closely. It's the same architecture as the AKL, and the lobby is museum like.

Sit in the rockers!!! EVERYONE has to sit in them at least for a minnit! :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, my favorite resort! Just sit and relax in the lobby. I filled my post cards out while sitting next to the stream in a rocking chair. It was the BEST!!! I just love the theme and feel of the WL. It's everything I wanted and more!

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't stayed but have visited . Right before you enter Artist Point is a nice little lounge to have a nice quiet drink . Artist Points food is to die for . Try the Buffalo Steak, girl .... melts in your mouth . The rockers are a nice rest indeed while you are checking out the gorgeous lobby .
    I would have been coming , but I'm still waiting and pacing , pacing and waiting . I wish she'd go into labor . She even tried X today and nothing .

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok first thing, when you check in, bat those big blue eyes and see if you can get us an upgrade

ok and the menu at Artist Point looks really yummy!

I always like to sit in the rocking chairs in front of the geyser. It's so peaceful.

Maybe I'll bring my bathing suit and we can sit in the hot tub

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    There's also a fantastic walk from WL to FW, it takes about 3/4 of an hour and you will hopefully see lots of deer on the way, it's a beautiful back-to-nature walk. You can always get the boat or bus back.

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    OHOH! Look what I found!

"Wonders of the Lodge" tour is offered at 9 am on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. This tour is about the architecture and how the Lodge was built, takes you outside, talks about landscaping, and then goes back inside and talks about the artwork like the metal work and the Totem Poles and the paintings.

They also pick a flag family each day to go on the roof and help raise the flags. You have to ask about this at checkin.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOH THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOO EXCITING!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what we're doing on Saturday morning

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast