Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camping trip report as promised.

Post Thanks / Like
    As promised here is our camping trip report.

Friday got up and started packing clothes and getting everything ready for our trip on Saturday, I had to pop to Asda to get a few items for the trip, then to Halfords and to our local camping store, Before going I checked the oil and water in the car, didnít have enough oil so I asked Reece to remind me to get some. I was driving to the shops and heard a bang under the car, didnít think anything about it thought I had run over a bottle or something. Shopping done and returned home, forgot the oil so out I went again, got the oil DF opened the bonnet to find the oil filler cap missing, (thatís what the bang was,) I must of forgotten to put it back on or didnít put it on tight enough, of to hove car spares to get a new one, on the way back we heard a loud bang under the car (oh no not again) got home check but everything seemed fine. Cooked dinner and went to work. Driving the car while at work and the exhaust started blowing (sounded like a VW van) I couldnít believe it why today. Phoned the guy who does work on my car, drove up to him and he said he will get it sorted for Saturday.

Saturday came and had to take the car to the garage, exhaust fixed so we could go camping but needs work doing when we get back, have to be careful over speed humps. Dropped the cat at my cousins flat for the weekend and went home to get ready. Managed to get everything in the car and we set of to collect my brother. Drive to camping wasnít great (I hate roundabouts) it was raining really hard, when we arrived in Lyndhurst 3 miles from the site it had stopped raining but then we got stuck in traffic for about 30 mins . Arrived, booked in and set up the tents, didnít take that long, popped to the shopping for dinner and to look about, my bother took the kids for a walk in the forest they came back really pleased as they had spotted Deer, horses and a really big dragon fly. Sat and played cards, kids played games then we went to sleep, (yeah right) we had a local pub who had a karaoke night, (very loud) a group who had taken a 6 month old baby camping (crying) a family who played acoustic guitar (same rubbish song over and over) then at about midnight a group who were on the next pitch to us arrived back and were very loud, woke the baby and pretty much woke everyone up. Got some sleep but to a great amount.
    [ATTACH]3898.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3899.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3900.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3901.vB[/ATTACH]
    Sunday we woke up at about 6 had breakfast, got dressed and went for a walk to a local village via the forest. Kids got covered in mud, I got hit by a tree and lost my glasses, we found a river where the kids played and got wet, and we got chased out of a field by a horse. LOL Arrived back at the camp site around lunch time found that the pitches each side of us had packed up and gone home (guitarist and noisy group) Had something to eat, kids played some games then set of on another walk, we went to another local village, had a pint in the pub went to the Ferrari show room, kids very happy. Went back to camp site spotted deer and horses on the way back, had dinner, played games and then it was bed time again. Well it was a better night, just woke up once as I got cold arms.

[ATTACH]3902.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3903.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3904.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3905.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3906.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3907.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3908.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3909.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3910.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3911.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3914.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3913.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3912.vB[/ATTACH]

Monday woke up and had breakfast, packed everything away and made our way home, drive home was better, apart from the roundabouts.

We didnít do a lot but that was the idea, enjoy the rest and to spend time as a family without any distractions. Canít wait to do it again...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing your weekend with us. Love the photos ...especially the horses
    Did you find your glasses? Is the car still poorly?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 156863
    Thanks for sharing your weekend with us. Love the photos ...especially the horses
    Did you find your glasses? Is the car still poorly?
    No never found the glasses, and still waiting to get the car done.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still picturing a tree coming out and hitting you? Were they trees like those in the Wizard of Oz.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it was a Harry Potter tree in the forest?.... How the he11 can a tree hit you? LOLOLOLO! The boys look like twins and the trippie has made me realise my camping days are over lol. Looked lovely though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Laura the spot you chose to pitch the tent looks gorgeous, so peaceful................ shame about the baby. Sounds like you had a great time though and I really envy you - i'm going to try and persuade Rob (mrlovebucket) to take me, I adore camping but he won't go................... Perhaps I should start a petition and gang up on him

Post Thanks / Like
    How did you get hit by a tree?

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the New Forest (apart from the traffic jams in Lyndhurst ) what site was that? Looks lovely

Shame about the noise though - we had that on our last camping trip - a toddler that cried all night in the tent behind us

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Great report . How long did you go for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 156866
    I'm still picturing a tree coming out and hitting you? Were they trees like those in the Wizard of Oz.
    My DF walked though some trees and I followed him as he let go of a tree branch. Everyone rolled around laughing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast