Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucky to be here!

Post Thanks / Like
    So I was just driving into work. I'm going down Metro like I normally do and I noticed a bus stopped in the right hand lane letting passengers on and off so I slowed just a bit (speed limit here is 45 mph). I am just about to pass the bus when all of a sudden a Ford Excursion flies out from in front of the bus right in front of me. I slam on the breaks and had to turn slightly into the right hand lane to avoid this idiot. Tires squeel, the car slides a bit and I turn the wheel sharply back to the left to straighten the car out. Now I drive a small Hyundai Accent and if I had just stepped on the breaks I would not have been able to stop in time and would have ended up between the Excursions drivers side front tire and the drivers side door.

Thanks for letting me rant about this, I had to get it off my chest that seems to weigh about 20lbs heavier at the moment. Now that I have calmed a bit I have to say I was rather impressed with my driving skills to avoid the accident.

I did break a shoelace this morning and can't remember if that is good luck or bad luck.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    How scary!! Gotta love that Florida traffic and how wonderful it is around the buses as well! I sooooo don't missing driving in the Tampa area.

Post Thanks / Like
    What an awful experience! :(

I hope that you are speaking figuratively about the heaviness in your chest (says Tink the original worrier about all things)?

Big breaths and get even! Never buy a Ford! :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a few close calls (never my fault) when I was down there and my chest always felt tight afterwards. It's like your heart stops for a moment and your ribs tighten. Never good.

I had a professor say that when it's green you don't go right away, but continue to look left and right....and boy was he correct!

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad your ok and you missed an accident.
    I'm so glad I don't drive when we go to America.

1996 All Star Sports Resort
    1998 Sheraton Anaheim (California)
    2001 Carousel Inn (California)
    2007 Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
    2009 Sheraton Park Anaheim (California)
    2012 Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya (Mexico)
    2013 El Dorando Seaside Suites (Mexico)
    2015 All Star Sports Resort

Post Thanks / Like
    Ack!! How scary is that. Some people just should not be on the road I think you need to go to youtube and watch a few Disney movies to relax

Post Thanks / Like
    Really glad your ok, some people are so busy thinking about themselves and are in a rush. nothing is more important than life, so what if your a few min's late. Driving like that is a normal thing on city roads here in England.

Post Thanks / Like
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    That was a close call you had there. Not sure about the shoelace thing either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Phew! And I also have no idea about the shoelace thing, perhaps we should all break one tomorrow and see what happens?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast