Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, its hit me!! I am soooo nervous!

Post Thanks / Like
    so all this planning excitment has turned into uncontrollable nervousness!

Im nervous about the long plane ride, well, its almost 4 hours, and Tatiana is NOT one to sit still for longer than 10 minutes.
    Im nervous for lift off and landing... Im always nervous about this, but more now since she will be sitting on our laps.... I need to figure out a way to "tie her" just in case there turbulence or somehting
    Im nervous about chanching her diaper in a plane bathroom.... theres like NO room for this and she's a wiggly worm when getting her diaper changed
    Im nervous about the baby food jars breaking, same with the milk
    Im nervous our luggage will get lost and we wont have anything for Tatiana
    Im nervous she'll hate it...

Are you tired of me yet?????
    because I still have a long looooooooooooong list

so much changes with a baby....

Post Thanks / Like
    Awww Bless you Mari.

Just before you get on the plane change her nappy - hopefully that way she won't need changing again until you land. Ask the crew for a safety belt for her, they have ones for infants that go around their waist and then attach to your belt. Take a few new toys that she's not seen before to keep her interest, as well as her fave ones and don't forget a lolly or drink for the take off and landing for her. She'll love Disney so no problems with that one. Lastly have a fantastic time and....................... stop panicking

Post Thanks / Like
    sound advice there - i can't add to it, and judging by the video you showed us she is going to have a ball

Post Thanks / Like
    ((hugs Mari))

The joys of being a mama, the worries never really stop, they just change form. All you can do is try to prepare as best you can, and vent off steam when you need to!

Wrap your baby food jars in something soft--like burp cloths, maybe? Even a small hand towel will do to cushion the jars from one another. Do the airlines allow you to shift baby food from the glass jars to something like a tiny tupperware container? Then you wouldn't have to worry about glass at all.

My sister in law and her husband swear by Benadryl to keep their wiggly squirmy young daughter quiet on airplane trips. They even call it "night-night juice"...but I don't quite know how I feel about medicating a baby that way. It works for them, and I'm sure it makes their traveling easier...but...well, to each their own.

If the airlines lose your luggage, you can unleash the rage of a nervous mother all over them. ...Just kidding! But even if your bags get lost, you'll figure something out. Because that's what moms do; and Tatiana will be resilient and forgiving, because that's what babies are.

You'll have a wonderful trip, and even if there are challenges to face, you'll surmount them!
    Love isn't about finding someone you can live with.
    It's about finding someone you can share a lifetime with.

Post Thanks / Like
    i just remembered one thing that surprised me when my eldest DS was just turned 2.

we went on a flight which lasted around 3 1/2 hours - he was so excited at the airport, loved walking into the plane and sat and fell asleep just before take off, waking around 1/2 before landing! He loved it

Tatitana may just adore the whole process too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you

You are helping me feel much better already

Im glad I let it out :)

Thanks for all the great tips! Last night I just got so rolle dup on things that I sort of got blocked, couldnt come up with any solutions....

Post Thanks / Like
    Much love and many hugs Mari! You will be wonderful and so will that lovely Babe of yours :) Slip a couple of changes of clothes in with you carry ons for her.
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    Baby food doesn't come in plastic containers in Mexico? It does here. That's one thing you won't have to worry about on the return trip. You can purchase baby food in plastic! I think even some organic brands (available at Whole Foods which is near Disney) have plastic containers.

Will she tolerate a headset? You could bring some of her favorite music and let her listen to it. Perhaps she'll sing along!

Changing her would be on the toilet, no? The lid goes down to form the changing surface? There is absolutely NO room on the floor, so that is what I would expect, to use the surface created by the closed toilet lid.

I've heard of people using Benadryl for their children on flights too. I can say that when we took Seth with us (and he's a challenging traveler ) it was suggested to me. I couldn't bring myself to do it. It's just not something I'm comfortable with. He did have a period of time where he cried, but planes are noisy places anyway, so his "noise" wasn't too disruptive over all. He stopped after a bit.

You'll be fine. She'll be a little world traveler before you know it!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe she'll sleep through. Then you could nap as well.

My flight nerves have just hit me too. I'm going to take away my countdown soon...it's starting to bring on the anxiety attacks!
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    All your worries will disappear very soon - i was worried when we took Isabelle on her first flight to Florida (which was 9 1/2hrs from here) and she was absolutely fine - they arent at all worried, its us that clearly do it!
    I was also worried about take off and landing, thats my worst part as i am the worst flyer!! Isabelle was fine, sat there with her dummy looking out the window!
    When it came to that terrible task of changing her, that was fine too - there was a changing table in one of the toilets.

Honestly it will all be fine, just go with the flow!

p.s. keep a clean top in your hand luggage for you too - incase of spillages, leakages or sick-ages!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast