Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uh Oh... Here's Comes Anna, and Bill, and Claudette...

Post Thanks / Like
    As soon as I saw that you had replied I remembered that you lived near here!

In my favorite place, as I recall.

Weird day weather wise today. Went to the island with a friend of mine and it rained off and on. Not much of a good day for cruising the island (via car, I mean) but she'd not been in ages so it was ok.

Seth and his Da are coming shortly and we're going... back to the island! LOL!

Rain starts tomorrow? I can deal with that. Just don't want to have to drive home on Friday in a steady downpour...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Stay Safe ! I feel bad for all our friends that are at WDW .

Post Thanks / Like
    any more news tink
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I've not been keeping close track. I'm at a conference and haven't turned on the television since I've been here. The weather here (SW FL) is fairly miserable off and on. It's my understanding that we are supposed to have stronger showers/storms today.

Remember though, I'm about 4 hours from Disney and in Florida, that's significant.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    This from National and Local Weather Forecast, Hurricane, Radar and Report

Bill became the first hurricane of the season on Monday morning. It has continued to strengthen, becoming a category 2 strength late Monday, and a category 3 hurricane Tuesday evening.
    As of 11 p.m. EDT, Bill had sustained winds near 125 miles per hour. Further strengthening is expected and the system could become a category 4 hurricane soon.
    Bill is moving to the west-northwest on the southern periphery of high pressure to its north. Some disturbances are forecast to weaken a portion of this high allowing a more northwest motion over time.
    This forecast track would keep Bill north of the Lesser Antilles and heading in the general direction of Bermuda, or between Bermuda and the North Carolina Outer Banks, over the weekend. Residents and visitors of Bermuda should pay close attention to the progress of Bill.
    Regardless, rough surf is expected along the beaches of the Northern Leeward Islands, Puerto Rico, and Hispaniola by midweek, the Bahamas by late week, and the East Coast of the U.S. by the weekend into early next week. Dangerous rip currents can be expected once swells generated by Bill reach coastal areas.
    T.D. Ana degenerated into a tropical wave on Monday. The remnants in combination with an upper low to the west are causing disorganized shower and thunderstorm activity over Cuba and the Bahamas.
    This moisture will move into South Florida overnight into Wednesday enhancing rainfall in the Sunshine State.
    There are no signs of any regeneration at this time.

Bill's projected path at this time:

Love isn't about finding someone you can live with.
    It's about finding someone you can share a lifetime with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 160325
    I've not been keeping close track. I'm at a conference and haven't turned on the television since I've been here. The weather here (SW FL) is fairly miserable off and on. It's my understanding that we are supposed to have stronger showers/storms today.

Remember though, I'm about 4 hours from Disney and in Florida, that's significant.
    Heck, here in Florida you could be on the other side of the street and that would be significant.

Today, Southwest Florida is going to be dealing with the remnants of Ana so it is going to be wet and windy. As far as Orlando they will be dealing with the same later today into tomorrow. Nothing dangerous but just higher chances of thunderstorms and more of them than usual.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 160176
    As soon as I saw that you had replied I remembered that you lived near here!

In my favorite place, as I recall.

Weird day weather wise today. Went to the island with a friend of mine and it rained off and on. Not much of a good day for cruising the island (via car, I mean) but she'd not been in ages so it was ok.

Seth and his Da are coming shortly and we're going... back to the island! LOL!

Rain starts tomorrow? I can deal with that. Just don't want to have to drive home on Friday in a steady downpour...
    Have fun on the Island, Tink. Did you go to Ding Darling?

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    I know...

bill is becoming stronger!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, DisneyFreak, we did. I love Ding Darling, but the weather wasn't so great.

I love C.R.O.W. too and Dr. PJ.

Thanks for the weather updates! I was indoors for most of today, but it's beautiful right now. Maxfield Parrish kind of sky...

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, how I loathe Hurricane Season! Last year Mom and I came so close to having to cancel our Disney trip because of Hurricane Ike. We lost our electricity for 15 days... we were in the last 15% to get it back on... and it was soooo difficult and depressing. I mean, we were like only 2 or 3 days away from having to cancel so we could get at least some of our money back. All I know is those storms had better not come near Texas or Florida this year. No, no, no, no, NO!!!!! I love having electricity, and I love going to Disney World. Hurricanes stay away!!!
    “To see the years touch ye gives me joy, Sassenach, for it means that ye live.”
    - The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast