Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help planning a vacation

Post Thanks / Like
    For all you Brits out there, I need serious help!! ( well besides the obvious!) DH and I are in the inital planning phase of either a trip out west or to the UK. If we go to the UK I don't even know where to begin. We want of course to see London but we really want to see the out of the way places and the places where you would vacation. Any recommendations would be great. Good hotels and just about everything!!We would like to keep the cost at a moderate level if possible! Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like
    How long would the trip be and what sort of things would you like to see?

Post Thanks / Like
    What time of year would you be planning to come over as that could seriously impact on how far north you travel. London is wonderful and there's loads to do, some of it free of charge too (always a bonus). We live in Wiltshire and its a beautiful County with Stonehenge, Avebury and the Cotswolds all close by and well worth a visit. One of my favourite hotels is this one Cardynham House Rooms - check out the pool room if you want a couple of nights of luxury with 4 poster bed, and it's own private pool. All the rooms are nice though and boast the Old English charm.

If you need any specific help with areas and whats available in those areas just give us a shout, i'd be more than happy to do a bit of personal research for you

Post Thanks / Like
    There are some great places to visit in the UK, but please choose where you would like to visit with care as our roads are very crowded and journey times can be huge...assuming that you would be renting a car that is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 159300
    How long would the trip be and what sort of things would you like to see?
    It would be for 2 weeks most likely, we would also rent a car . I guess we would fly in and out of London? If that is the best then 3 days at the start to do the tourist things and the day before we fly out as well? After that where would you go? We want to see Stone Henge of course but beyond that we are in your hands!!! Oh it would be in the summer. The end of June - beginning of July.

Post Thanks / Like
    Flying in and out of London would be easiest for sure. But understand you will need to get from the airport - and technically London has 4 airports - to where you are staying. A car is a good idea but again our roads are not like yours and it generally takes longer to get anywhere so don't be too ambitious in what you plan.

And yes, Stonehenge. Well it's just some rocks in a field. And that's it. Don't plan on spending more than an hour there.

Post Thanks / Like
    devon and cornwall is beautiful if you get good weather :D
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 159352
    And yes, Stonehenge. Well it's just some rocks in a field. And that's it. Don't plan on spending more than an hour there.
    as long as that
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    York always attracts a squillion tourists every year and we enjoy a few days a year there.

It is 'up north' mind so would need to be combined with another area such as Yorkshire Dales or the Peak District or the Lake District.

York is about 4-5ish hours north of London and f you headed even further north you could always fly back home via Manchester aiport if you could get a decent car hire company that would let you drop off there instead of returning to London.

Up north also has tacky..... Blackpool

Post Thanks / Like
    You would not need a car for the days you are in London, so look at booking one for when you are traveling on.
    Dawn is right about Stonehenge, it will not take you long. There are some beautiful places in Devon leading down to Cornwall. We do get some nice weather around June but saying that we all know what our english weather is like. Scotland and the lake district is also beautiful but i do not think you can fit it all in. I would decide if i wanted to go North or South.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast