Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 seats at back of plane

Post Thanks / Like
    We are flying with VA and hoping to do OLCI.
    I know you have to pay about 50 per seat (I think) for the two seats at the back of the plane but does anyone know if they will be available for OLCI?

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I think to charge you 50 extra for seats at the back of the plane is absurd.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Why do they charge extra for those particular seats? Why would you want those in particular? Are they something special in some way?

Sorry, Issy. Not giving you any help at all with your question, just being nosy. :spring:

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    What is OLCI?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we always used to pre-book (although not guaranteed on the day) those two seats together at the back of the plane until they started charging for them last year. Certain ones do have that little more leg room.
    However, I used to like them because it meant not disturbing anyone else on the plane if we got up and, they are window seats.

Biggest attraction for me though is on the return journey. We don't run the risk of falling asleep on anyone elses shoulder plus if we need the loo, we don't have to wake anyone else up. I feel uncomfortable sleeping next to a stranger.

Downside - last off plane so big queues at imigration.
    I just prefer not sitting next to someone else for over 9 hours.

Post Thanks / Like
    So you'd object then if I snuggled up and put my feet on your lap then?

Post Thanks / Like
    I get the feeling sleeping next to a stranger will feel quite appealing after 9 hours on a plane with my 2 kids!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola DeVille, post: 160555
    So you'd object then if I snuggled up and put my feet on your lap then?
    Erm......of course not hun.....anytime I just don't want to wake up and find I've dribbled all over a strange mans' shoulder in my sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by simonwebb74, post: 160556
    I get the feeling sleeping next to a stranger will feel quite appealing after 9 hours on a plane with my 2 kids!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, gotcha'. There are only two seats at the back then?

I once had a college aged boy lay his head on my shoulder in his sleep. I didn't know quite what to do, so while I was considering a polite way to shove his head off onto the floor :wink: he woke and was pretty embarassed. LOL. Poor kid.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a few rows of 2 seats at each side of the plane but they're all now bookable only at the airport on day of travel I understand (and for extra money).

It's a dreadful scam the system worked fine the way it was when we could just book them online. To be honest, although popular, they didn't get "snapped up".

Heck even if they let us book them online and pay the stupid fee, we'd rather that than have to try on the day
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast