Hi Guys,

It has been a while since I have been on, think it was right after the trip to Puerto Rico. I have sort of been busy and in a funk. My last master's class was a bear, a really hairy, toothy bear (glad it is finally over), getting ready to close the planetarium and museum for a while (one factor of my funk - it will be good in the long run as we are expanding and renovating for about 18 - 24 months), getting ready for a new position as an Educator in Residence at the National Institute of Aeronautics at NASA's Langley Research Center, and probably most funky, getting our daughter to her university tomorrow

Where has all the time gone? I have both excited and dreading this day. I really want her to live the quote

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One is roots; the other, wings." Hodding Carter

I know her roots are strong, I am just hoping her wings won't take her too far away. I am sort of moping around these days, kind of dreading the good bye tomorrow afternoon. I know that I will need to buck up and not let her catch me getting too sappy, it will make her feel bad. Anyhow there are a lot of things going on in my brain, wish it would just slow down if not stop for just a bit.

I guess on a positive note (ok, the other stuff is sort of positive too) with all her college expenses on our Disney Visa card, we will be ready for a visit next year if not a Disney Cruise !

So my friends if I have been away it wasn't for the lack of friendship here or understanding, just dealing with my head.