Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you decorate for Halloween?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you do.. what do you put up???

we put 2 clay jack olanterns with lightbulbs inside, and hang a skeleton from the front door...

we have a spiderweb table runner, and a few small plush decorations for around the house.. not much!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a lighted ghost and witch stencil that gets hung in the window . In the middle window is a jack o lantern . On the porch is a spooky hanging bat that gets all wired out when there is noise and a ghost hanging . I decorate my entertainment center with all kinds of Halloween decor . I have a Witch from Yankee Candle . I have a Disney Halloween cookie jar that goes in the midlle of the kitchen table on top of my fall tablecloth .
    The night of trick or treat , I put a black light in my porch lamp and play spooky music . The poor kids are quivering to see who answers the door and there I am dressed as Tinkerbell .

Post Thanks / Like
    I adore Halloween! It's my favorite holiday. I really don't have any decorations besides my window clings at the moment, but I hope to buy more this year and then after the holiday for next year. I want to decorate tons! I put up my window clings on October 1st. I want to enjoy the entire month. I enjoy the whole month, the weather, the chill in the air, the scary movies, the decorations and of course the CANDY!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot to add that this past Halloween was my first time giving out candy and I loved it!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Halloween, I dress up, make goody bags for the children calling (with beaded spiders, lizards and some sweets) I have skull candles, music, lights, severed hands, heads and other bits a pieces. I love to open the door to the kids, some of whom are now the kids of kids that used to come years ago (we've lived in the same house for 25 years). For pure devilment I like to tell some of them to give me a trick, the little ones think its great fun to be able to squirt me and go off delighted afterwards. Its a good excuse to regress into being a child again - lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I dress up too! I dress the dogs up too! DH just laughs at me!

We decorate the front door and have a little mummy man holding the candy jar. I have numerous candles. We bought a Stitch dressed as a devil and Mickey dressed as a bat at WDW one year. I have some light up bats and ghosts that go in the front window. Tealights go up in the garden with witches and bats on them.

I guess I really do a lot for Halloween! I've accumulated a lot of junk over the years!
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker, post: 160477
    I have a lighted ghost and witch stencil that gets hung in the window . In the middle window is a jack o lantern . On the porch is a spooky hanging bat that gets all wired out when there is noise and a ghost hanging . I decorate my entertainment center with all kinds of Halloween decor . I have a Witch from Yankee Candle . I have a Disney Halloween cookie jar that goes in the midlle of the kitchen table on top of my fall tablecloth .
    The night of trick or treat , I put a black light in my porch lamp and play spooky music . The poor kids are quivering to see who answers the door and there I am dressed as Tinkerbell .

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm.... where do I begin?

We LOVE decorating for Halloween and Christmas so much that people take pictures in our yard with all the decorations. They tell us every year that they make special trips just to see us.

A new thing we want to do this year is to copy a portion of the Haunted Mansion. That is, the section in the graveyard with the skeleton arm rising from the casket with a teacup in hand. I just wish decorating wasn't so darned expensive!
    “To see the years touch ye gives me joy, Sassenach, for it means that ye live.”
    - The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon

Post Thanks / Like
    We don't do much. We have a few things we put out if we remember! LOL.

We do hand out candy if we are at home. It's fun to see the little ones come all dressed up. One year we had the tiniest little girl at the door. She was dressed to look like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. What a precious little girl!

Then of course, as the evening wears on you get those (not children!) who are not dressed and just bang on the door and essentially hold out their hand.

We've learned to turn the light off at 9:00 to avoid that nonsense. Not sure what we'll be doing this year...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We usually make a few pumpkins and put them outside, in a few years we will make a big fuss for Niamh
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast