Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Makeover

Post Thanks / Like
    Sky channel 246. Just adore this show and those houses are gorgeous! Why don't we do something like this in the UK?

Post Thanks / Like
    Our version is 60 Minute Make Over

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol... not seen that one but they obviously don't build a house then... lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola DeVille, post: 160982
    Lol... not seen that one but they obviously don't build a house then... lol.
    Not quite but actually, they do some great work in 60 minutes I mean, you can't complain when you know the make over can only take an hour, you don't expect miracles.

Post Thanks / Like
    We could never build a house in the UK inside a week. Planning takes months and we build houses so differently here using bricks, foundations etc. From what I can tell from Extreme Makeover Home Edition is they use wood frames and stucco exteriors for the most part. I loved the earlier episodes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola DeVille, post: 160978
    Sky channel 246. Just adore this show and those houses are gorgeous! Why don't we do something like this in the UK?
    Because we build our houses properly and don't just nail a lot of wood together. :wink:

Post Thanks / Like
    I love this programme - but we'd have to have Ty Pennington over here if we were to make the show over here - as it's him that really makes me watch it, I think he's great and he's overcome so much to get where he is today - as I have a son with ADHD its quite heartening to watch someone who has turned his boisterous nature into a career

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic show. We love to watch it when in the US as it's usually a 2 hour show and you get to see more of the build and what goes into it.
    Liked the one last week where they built a home in 53 hours 54 minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I love it as well. I read last week that Ty and the team did come over. And they couldn't get over the lack of team spirit and how to put up a wall say took a 3 hour conversation and 2o men/women to decide how,why and where.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneybumble, post: 161031
    I love it as well. I read last week that Ty and the team did come over. And they couldn't get over the lack of team spirit and how to put up a wall say took a 3 hour conversation and 2o men/women to decide how,why and where.
    OMG! really?... Well now that's just typical us isn't it Grrrrrrrr!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast