Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Makeover

Post Thanks / Like
    Sky channel 246. Just adore this show and those houses are gorgeous! Why don't we do something like this in the UK? :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Our version is 60 Minute Make Over

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol... not seen that one but they obviously don't build a house then... lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola DeVille, post: 160982
    Lol... not seen that one but they obviously don't build a house then... lol.
    Not quite but actually, they do some great work in 60 minutes I mean, you can't complain when you know the make over can only take an hour, you don't expect miracles.

Post Thanks / Like
    We could never build a house in the UK inside a week. Planning takes months and we build houses so differently here using bricks, foundations etc. From what I can tell from Extreme Makeover Home Edition is they use wood frames and stucco exteriors for the most part. I loved the earlier episodes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola DeVille, post: 160978
    Sky channel 246. Just adore this show and those houses are gorgeous! Why don't we do something like this in the UK? :(
    Because we build our houses properly and don't just nail a lot of wood together.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love this programme - but we'd have to have Ty Pennington over here if we were to make the show over here - as it's him that really makes me watch it, I think he's great and he's overcome so much to get where he is today - as I have a son with ADHD its quite heartening to watch someone who has turned his boisterous nature into a career

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic show. We love to watch it when in the US as it's usually a 2 hour show and you get to see more of the build and what goes into it.
    Liked the one last week where they built a home in 53 hours 54 minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I love it as well. I read last week that Ty and the team did come over. And they couldn't get over the lack of team spirit and how to put up a wall say took a 3 hour conversation and 2o men/women to decide how,why and where.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneybumble, post: 161031
    I love it as well. I read last week that Ty and the team did come over. And they couldn't get over the lack of team spirit and how to put up a wall say took a 3 hour conversation and 2o men/women to decide how,why and where.
    OMG! really?... Well now that's just typical us isn't it Grrrrrrrr!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast