Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanford

Post Thanks / Like
    Tell me again how much longer the drive is from Sanford to the WDW area rather than coming from MCO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not terribly much longer. Maybe 30 minutes or so? It's a traffic thing...with traffic, longer (of course) without, you may not notice a difference at all.

The 417 is the main route you'd take, and you get to cross over Lake Jessup. Oh, wait a minute... you don't do bridges do you?

That means you'll be doing the I-4 route? Hmmmm... could add serious time. Anything from one hour to two additional hours (although that would be extreme). Depending upon the time of day of arrival, too... I 4 is often called (with NO affection) "the parking lot."

So, did that help a bit, or not at all?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    How big is this bridge?

Post Thanks / Like
    It isn't THAT big if I remember correctly. And if Adrian is driving you can close your eyes.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    The Lake Jessup bridge is very long, although not very high. It crosses the most 'gator infested body of water in the state. The mosquitos (during certain times of the year) are worse than love bugs and will cover your windsheild. Icky.

There are some beautiful birds to be seen on that route though. Osprey love the area, as do bald eagles and other raptors and birds of prey.

However, if bridges are not your thing, don't take that route.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    OK I've driven over the Lake Ponchartrain Causeway. Is it like that?

Although it's probably a moot point because flying into Sanford may be off before it's started with that 15kg luggage allowance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not been over that causeway.

What specifically is it about bridges that bothers you? Length? Height? Herself doesn't like them AT ALL for any reason, but I know some folks can do low bridges, or short bridges, etc...

Post Thanks / Like
    Height. Especially if it's over water.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it is over water... that's for sure.

Height? Well, it's not as high as the Skyway bridge! In so far as bridges go, I'd say it's relatively low.

I'll bet you could do it easily. But it's probably not an issue now that you are rethinking TC.

Post Thanks / Like
    it took us about an hour to drive into kissimmee on the 417 toll

i didnt even notice a bridge dawn...you will be ok if you fly into sanford
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast