Thread: OK what are the flight options?

Post Thanks / Like
    I can go Virgin or BA into MCO

Thomas Cook into Sanford (but only 15kg baggage allowance)

What other options are there?

I've always gone Virgin except my 2 trips in the 80s that were with Continental via somewhere around the north pole I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I know there are some options which take you into Newark, NJ or Charlotte, NC then transfer to MCO. I know this because I see British folk on that route quite often when I am in those airports. They are quite excited to be on their way to WDW.

Continental and US Airways are those carriers that I use most often when in those airports. Not sure if that helps or not.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not averse to flying indirect but I have to consider the fact that we will have a 7 year old child with us who will be tired when we reach US soil. If there's a long layover between flights he'll turn into spawn of satan.

I'll do indirect if the saving on cost is significant but not for a couple of hundred pounds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I must admit those I see traveling with children do seem pretty worn out (both the parents and the children).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    have you thought of say flying into another airport staying in travellodge type place and then driving the next day?

Post Thanks / Like
    id say VA into MCO tbh b'coz of steven, you can fly them into miami and drive up but you just might as well do MCO...indirects can be up to 16hrs from LGW to wherever in florida so i doubt you would want that with him.

what other options were you sort of looking for, cheaper than VA & BA etc?
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    thompson do sanford also i must admit i am converted from virgin to thompsons we had brilliant planes both times and very friendly air stewardess's i am getting sick of virgin thinking they dont have to try any more

Post Thanks / Like
    Dawn we have been twice with children. The first time we flew Delta to Atlanta we had an hour and a half stop over, We cleared immigration and had something nice to eat. The children had a run around and it was then an hour ish to MCO and straight threw as we had cleared secruity etc. The children were 3,7 and 10 . I would highly reccommend this as it broke it up.
    Second time VA all the way and Lily who was 6 at the time nearly lost the will to live.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneybumble, post: 161687
    Second time VA all the way and Lily who was 6 at the time nearly lost the will to live.

Never thought of it that way.

I think Sanford options are out because they are all charter flights and they give pants baggage allowances.