Thread: Disney Dreamin for Beginners - Day 10 - World Showcase

Post Thanks / Like
    Thursday 4th December
    Ok so where did we get to?? Oh yeah this was our day scheduled for Epcot World Showcase!
    As it didn’t open until 11am we took the opportunity to have a lie in this morning after having a late night last night!
    I did a bit more cleaning around the house and sorted my washing. The washing was starting to become a bone of contemption with us all as no matter what I done all the washing was coming out of the machine with a I don’t know how I would say this but “ oose”? all over everything! It was driving me mad! A lot of clothes got ruined with that washing machine, as well as the “oose” a few things were dyed when there was nothing in the machine that could have done this – who knows? But it was really annoying!
    Today Paddy really wanted to try a beer in each different country, which would require me to drive!
    Mmm ….I was extremely nervous about this – more so for the monster of a car we had to drive!
    So I said I would drive round from the House to the Clubhouse as we had to use the internet to check the online banking and then go get fuel, and if it felt ok then I would continue!
    So off we went! I was pleasantly surprised at how much I loved loved loved this car!!!!! Even though it was HUGE I felt surprisingly at ease!
    So once we were done at the Clubhouse and we had been through the novelty that is getting fuel- I set off up the US27 and managed to get to Epcot without any accidents or wrong turns!! Woohoo!!
    Suitable parked we set off for World Showcase – Paddy extremely pleased that he will be able to sample the delightful beers of the world!LOL
    We got a few photopass pics taken on the way into World Showcase.

We then decided to take a few pictures by the Christmas tree! The kids had a go at taking pics as well! Also a lovely lady offered to take a picture of us all together which was really nice of her!

So after our wee Kodak moments we headed round to the Refreshment port as the kids were hungry we thought we just get them something from McDonalds just now so we wouldn’t have to stop to eat until much later!

We then spotted “Papa Noel” over by Canada so we decided to go and listen to his story! (at Christmas time all the pavilions host there own “Holiday Story” which is called “Holiday’s around the World” basically its each countries take on the Christmas Story or there equivilant.

cont...
    Carreen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    After we were done getting Papa Noel’s autographs and pictures we decided to have a look around Canada.

We ended up at the Circle-Vision 360 show hosted by Martin Short. It wasn’t as boring as we thought it might be and the kids liked the fact that it was “Jack Frost” from The Santa Clause 3!
    When it was done it took us out into the Kidcot Station and here the kids made some masks and got their first stamps in their Epcot Passports!

We headed out of Canada and round to United Kingdom! We spotted the famous Rose and Crown pub

Where Paddy started his Beer around the world game!
    We had a look around the shop in UK where they seem to think that all we do is drink Tea and listen to the Beatles!LOL Mum got a few bits and pieces in here for my Stepdad who is THE worlds biggest Beatles fan!
    We then headed over to the toy shop!

Paddy thought he looked great as a “Bobby”!

We had intended on trying a hat on in ever y country but this never really happened I’m afraid! LOL
    Kieran started to act up a bit and Aaron had fell asleep by this point. Aidan had spotted the Character meet with Pooh and Friends and was refusing to leave until he had gotten a photo and autograph – even though we already had them from Crystal Palace!LOL
    SO I took Kieran and Aaron outside to wait while Paddy waited with Aidan!
    I had the camera with me so we just got Photopass pics:

As we were walking around the UK pavilion we noticed the meet and greet for Alice and Mary Poppins! I honestly thought that it was just Mum and I that wanted to meet them but again the boys’ were desperate to wait in line! I was pretty long and I didn’t think they would want to wait, but we were lucky as a few people left in front of us so it wasn’t as long to wait!

We decided to have a little seat , Kieran had spotted entertainment ! I think it was something to do with King Arthur? How terrible is that I can’t remember what it was – to be honest it was only the boys who were watching it! Mum, Paddy and I just had a seat in the sun and had a breather really!

cont...
    Carreen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    The entertainment finally finished and we decided to head over to France!

We watched the French Father Christmas tell his story Pere Noel

And then got autographs and pictures with him!

We wandered round the streets of Paris and then decided to have a sit down and something to eat at the bakery in France.
    I have the receipt for this one! Paddy, Mum and I all had Ham and Chesse Croissants, Paddy had a beer, Mum a Hot Chocolate, Me a Sprite, Kieran and Aidan had a milk.
    The boys had a Cookie each and Mum and I had a strawberry tart and Cheesecake for afters!LOL
    All came to $33.48 in total.
    It was all yummy and it was lovely to get in out of the hot sun and a bit of cool air conditioning!
    Kieran and Aidan spotted a photopass photographer taking pictures of them as French Artists which they just had to have done!

We we had all finished and had had a look around the little gift shop, we made our way back outside. It was after 3pm by this time and we still had so much to see and do! As we were walking along we noticed a line forming! It was Belle and the Beast!
    We just had to stop and meet them!
    Was a long line but we took the opportunity to get everyone sorted with more sun cream!
    Belle was lovely! Asking the boys’ if they were having a good time and giving them little kisses! Then Beast and Kieran were having a who has the best roar competition as well which was funny!

I just had to sneak in on a picture too!

We moved onto Morocco, Mum and I had a little look inside the Bazzar which had lots of beautiful vases and things but I wouldn’t risk trying to get anything back to the UK!

We were so lucky as we spotted a line to meet The Genie!!! I had hoped we would be able to meet Aladdin and Jasmine too but the Genie was soo much fun he more than made up for it!

Kieran was so happy he tried to do the splits! LOL

cont...
    Carreen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Me waiting in the queue getting some sun!

Mum, Kieran and Aidan and I at Morocco!

Ok so enough with Morocco next up was Japan!

We had a good look around the shops in Japan and the boys had a look at the Toy bit! I forgot to say all the time we got the kids Epcot Passports stamped as well! We didn’t stop at the kidcot stations to make the masks etc as they found it boring but they enjoyed getting the stamps!
    We spotted the Candy lady but it was as she was finishing so we only saw the last 5mins but wow was it impressive! I hope we can stop and see her again next time as Kieran found it really interesting – he was desperate to get one made but just unfortunate we never spotted her until she was finishing!

Next up was the American Adventure!

We stopped and watched the Fife and Drum Corps which were great!

They invited the children to come up and pledge their allegiance which Kieran went up to do even though I had absolutely no idea what it was! LOL

Mum spotted the giant Gingerbread house so she went off to see that!

While we waited Kieran spotted a cart where he wanted to continue his pin collection! He bought another 4 pins!LOL I also got an American Adventure magnet for only $0.59 which was a bargain! I had been trying to get one in every country but so far only had gotten one in Canada and now America!
    Ok so where are we going next…..Italy!!!
    There was lots of lovely picture moments here ! The sun was starting to go down so the pictures over the Lake were lovely!

cont...
    Carreen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

We stopped and watched the guy with the football and the whistle in Italy! Aidan absolutely LOVES any sort of slapstick humour so this was right up his street! Why we didn’t take any pictures though I have no idea! The guy was really funny though!
    Another couple of pictures around Italy!

We now moved onto Germany!
    Paddy still continued with his beer around the world challenge he had set! LOL
    We didn’t spend much time here as time was getting on and the sun was going down!

We started to walk round to China…

cont...
    Carreen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    We walked past Lotus Blossom café and the smell was lovely so Mum, Paddy and I all wanted to try something from there. We knew the boys wouldn’t eat anything so we said we would get them hot dogs or chicken or something when we found somewhere. They weren’t all that hungry anyhow.
    I can’t remember what we all had – a stab in the dark I think I had the Beef Noodle bowl, Mum had the sweet and sour Chicken? And Paddy I think had Prawn curry? Could be wrong but we all agreed it was absolutely delicious!
    Suitably filled we headed out…again we seemed to keep missing things! There seemed to be an acrobatic show in China which we only saw them finishing but it looked like it would have been fun to watch!
    Norway next!

The effects of Paddy’s beer around the world had started to set in I think!LOL

We headed straight for Maelstrom first! I think it was safe to say it may be one of those ride only once things!LOL
    We were lucky though and managed to avoid the film at the end!LOL

We got our pictures taken with the Viking Hats – well you just have to don’t you?LOL

Last but not least it was Mexico! Aaron was really acting up by this point so Mum and I took him and went for a seat while Paddy took the boys into the Three Caballeros thing!

Paddy left the camera with me so no photos again I’m afraid!
    Mum and I just took in the view and people watched which seemed like forever as the boys took ages to come find us!

A very tired Aaron

cont...
    Carreen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

The boys eventually came to find us and we headed round to have a look around the Christmas shop!
    We got a few bits and pieces in there for family back home and I also got a Scrapbooking kit with lots of papers and stickers. Because I was spending so much we got offered the blanket again and Mum really wanted one so she got this! She was feeling cold so she opened it up and wrapped it around her!LOL
    We got the kids some Chicken nuggets and Hot dogs and went to find a spot for Illuminations! We found a great little spot which was close to the disabled viewing area. We stood back a bit so as to let wheelchairs get passed us with the intention on moving forward when it was about to begin! We were there for nearlly an hour beforehand! Paddy took the boys to Mousegear for a look around as it was just too long for them to wait.
    As time was going by people started to fill in the gap we had left for wheelchairs to get by which consequently meant we were pushed further and further back, it really annoyed me as we were doing the courteous thing and leaving the space. The cast members kept having to tell people to move I just thought it was really inconsiderate.
    Anyway as it was time to begin and Paddy and the boys came back there was practically no room left and then this really ignorant woman pushed my buggy out of the way in order to squeeze herself in front! Oh for goodness sake! Paddy and I started to film and take pictures the best we could but it was only made worse by this 7ft tall man that had been sat with his little girl in the Disney buggy at the front beside the railing that no-one had noticed decided to stand up!!!! ### there was absolutely no way I could see anything never mind the poor kids! I tried to hold Aidan up and Mum tried to hold Kieran while Paddy took pictures but they are just so heavy it was impossible!
    We got a couple of pictures before we gave up! I think this probably would have been a great display but we just couldn’t enjoy it!

We started to head back to the car before it had even finished!

I think it had been another long day which we had really enjoyed but we were all just shattered and bit deflated about not being able to see Illuminations properly.
    I was worried about driving the beast at night but as we drove off I thought to myself “ oh this is easy….” The effect of all the beer Paddy had been drinking meant he drifted off and I only had to rely on the TomTom to guide myself out of the World! Needless to say Mr TomTom Directed me straight out onto the I4!!!!! OMG I starting to pee my pants! I was shouting “Paddy, Paddy wake up…I’m on the bloody interstate!!!!! HELP!!!!”
    LOL I can laugh now but I was terrified! It wasn’t too busy though so I coped ok and we were only on it for about a mile before the TomTom directed me off it!LOL
    We got on the right road eventually and were home by around 10pm again.
    IT was an early bed tonight as we had to be up and about early as tomorrow was Paddy’s Richard Petty Drivealong and we had to be there for 9am!
    Carreen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you again for sharing your photos. I am definitely missing disney, especially the world showcase as it is one of my favorite areas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm, that's exactly why I don't grab a viewing spot for any parades and fireworks, my blood pressure shoots through the roof when people push-in!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 161638
    Thank you again for sharing your photos. I am definitely missing disney, especially the world showcase as it is one of my favorite areas.
    Your welcome - I love sharing my photos - lots of great memories!

Quote Originally Posted by Jodie, post: 161674
    Hmmm, that's exactly why I don't grab a viewing spot for any parades and fireworks, my blood pressure shoots through the roof when people push-in!
    Oh I know - its such a nightmare! Hopefully we will be able to view illuminations from the Beach Club next year!

xxx
    Carreen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]