Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need pixie dust please

Post Thanks / Like
    We brought my brother who has been ill for the past 5 weeks to the ER yesterday, his leg has been bothering him for ages, he has been to the Doctors 4 times and the ER once in the beginning of all this. They told him yesterday that the ligaments have seperated from his foot and the bones have shifted with some bone fragments in there as well. He is a diabetic like me although he is Type 1. They told us yesterday that he would have to have surgery to re- attach the ligaments and clean uo the debris. When he got to the ortho this morning he was told that it is a diabetic syndrome and is likely to have to have an ambutation because of the delay in treatment. He had been to the Doctors and was told he had to live with it because he was getting older They put him on disability right away and we have to go back on Friday. He can't have the surgery now because his foot is in too bad of shape. I never saw his foot and in fact thought it was his calf that was giving him problems and made him go in for an ultra- sound yesterday to check for blood clots because he has a stent in his heart. I feel so sad and hopeless.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry to hear about your brother and his problems. Please know that we are thinking of you and sending you and him loads of

Post Thanks / Like

Im sorry to hear about that...

cant believe the doctors told him to live with it...

Post Thanks / Like

Pixie dust for your brother, in bushels. What an awful turn of events.
    Love isn't about finding someone you can live with.
    It's about finding someone you can share a lifetime with.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry to hear this. Beth has some really bad orthopedic problems and some of the orthopods have a bit of an attitude like they are god. i call them awfulpods, saying that Beth now has a wonderful Orthopod now. He only works with children but has promised to keep Beth on as an adult due to the complex needs.

I wish your brother all the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    I meant to say Kevin has type 2 diabetes. I feel quite sick, he has never married and has taken the responsibility to live with our Mom who is 84. I feel overwhelmed with what needs to be done to the house if this occurs. to think of the pain he is in and being told to live with it. Thank you all for your concern.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I cannot believe he's been told to live with the pain, poor man. Sending tons of pixie dust for Kevin and for you as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry to here about your brother and the problems he is having. Sending him load of PD and thinking of him.

1996 All Star Sports Resort
    1998 Sheraton Anaheim (California)
    2001 Carousel Inn (California)
    2007 Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
    2009 Sheraton Park Anaheim (California)
    2012 Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya (Mexico)
    2013 El Dorando Seaside Suites (Mexico)
    2015 All Star Sports Resort

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh g*d no that is horrendous news XXXXXXXXX so so sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is just so terribly sad. :( :( :(

I am so very sorry this has happened to him, and I know you must be heartsick. Let's hope that something truly can be done, other than amputation. :( :(

How old is your brother? I don't want to get on a soapbox, but it really does make me see red to learn of ageism in health care.

For your brother, and you.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast