Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: United vs Continental

Post Thanks / Like
    If we fly indirect it may come down to either United or Continental.

I flew Continental in the 80s but I suspect things have moved on a bit since then.

Does Continental still use Newark as its hub?

And where do United have their hub?

And can anyone comment on either of these airlines in terms of service?

Can you tell planning is in full swing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Continental's hub is still Newark, though I have heard rumours that it may change. United's main hub is Chicago, but they have an East Coast hub in D.C.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Chicago huh? Never seen the inside of that airport.

Post Thanks / Like
    On our honeymoon we flew with Continental

Orlando - Newark - Heathrow

We had really good flights, the flight attendants were really nice, the food wasnt bad, the only downside was a very long connection at Newark.. but the airport has enough shops/bookstores and kept us busy.... still with kids I cant remember there being much for them, of course I wasnt looking in those days hahahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to borrow trouble but United has the worst safety rating among all airlines...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Continental has a hub in Houston, TX I thought?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    dont continental use VA planes?
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Continental isn't the best carrier, but we flew with them to Ireland. (After I'd decided I'd not fly with them again)! They were the cheapest for the most direct flight (Newark to Shannon).

They have a better safety rating than United (but are not the safest). Believe it or not, Airtran ranks as the safest US carrier! That surprised me for some reason.

Continental still drives me buggy but I feel forced into using them for some destinations (mostly because Orlando is not a hub for any one carrier).

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny you should say that. I'm a addicted viewer of Air Crash Investigation and I was thinking last night how many times they had a United flight on there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would rather spend 1000 bucks on another airline than to EVER fly with United again...I hate their customer service with every fiber of my being

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast