Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good news and Bad news

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I will start with the good news first :D ............................

We have decided that we are going to go away :D

Chris had a few provisos, which I have agreed to

I've had to change our dates slightly because Chris would only agree to it if we could upgrade to upper class. It has only cost me an extra 60 and miles so it's not bad, we are flying UC for just over 500 He was really concerned about someone reclining on me, so he is happy about that now.

I have agreed to not insist on spending all day at the parks, I will take a stick with me and take things at a slow pace. If, it is all too much then I have said I will use an ecv, but I think if I am not silly and don't try to walk around say World Showcase in one go I will be OK

Now onto the bad news .......

The consultant has said that basically my knee is shot and it needs replacing. He said that because it is so bad, even though I would normally be too young for a replacement, I would be eligible for one :(

He was very good, he explained all the reasons why, if I can, it would be better for me to hold on for as long as I can. He said that when an older person has a replacement it is normally successful and they are happy. When a younger person has a replacement, they are often disappointed because their expectations are greater.

So, I have to have surgery when we get home :( it will be for an arthroscopy so that he can see whether the outside of my knee would support a partial replacement or whether it would be a full replacement. He said that he will also flush the knee through and tidy things up if he can. I have been told not to expect too much from it, hopefully he will be able to ease things slightly, but he said he can't guarantee it.

He wasn't keen on giving me a steroid injection because he said that it can lead to an infection, more than likely wouldn't but if I am desperate then he would be prepared to try one a week before we go away. One thing he did say though, was that if I have the jab, then he wouldn't do the op for 2 - 3 months afterwards. So if I can, I am going to try and avoid having one

There you have it, I have lots of things to organise, I've changed the things I can, but I have lots and lots to book.

Hey....................... I'm going on holiday :D :207: :207: :D

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is great news about the holiday, I'm sure if you take it easy your be fine. Sorry to hear the not so good news about your knee, fingers crossed everything work out ok for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yay!

and

Poo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks

I just hope Chris doesn't fuss too much, I don't like too much fuss I have a good idea how to stop it though, I will just remind him that Becca and Johnie will sort him out when they arrive if he doesn't stop

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great news about your holiday Wendy.
    Sorry to hear about your knee. I know what your going through as I have had severe operations on my left knee and it still isn't completely right now. I hope it all works out for you.

1996 All Star Sports Resort
    1998 Sheraton Anaheim (California)
    2001 Carousel Inn (California)
    2007 Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
    2009 Sheraton Park Anaheim (California)
    2012 Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya (Mexico)
    2013 El Dorando Seaside Suites (Mexico)
    2015 All Star Sports Resort

Post Thanks / Like
    well, that was a bag of mixed feelings!!
    Happy for you that you are going away but you know me, I'll worry.

Will ring you later tonight after I've been to look at wedding dresses.

Post Thanks / Like
    and

Post Thanks / Like
    Wendy,

Good news!

Don't worry too much about the knee thing. According to my orthopedic surgeon, my knee's shot also and needs replacing. However, as you're probably aware, that's not stopping me from going to WDW.

In fact, I'll see you at MNSHHP! Dinner's at 6:45 PM.

Tom (... and they call it Bella Notte!)

Post Thanks / Like
    oh brilliant news about the holiday :)
    sorry about the knee :( i have arthritus in my knee and it is awful so i do know a little of how bad it can be :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 162106
    Wendy,

Good news!

Don't worry too much about the knee thing. According to my orthopedic surgeon, my knee's shot also and needs replacing. However, as you're probably aware, that's not stopping me from going to WDW.

In fact, I'll see you at MNSHHP! Dinner's at 6:45 PM.

Tom (... and they call it Bella Notte!)
    Tom, when are you going to be there? What night are you doing MNSSHP? We will be meeting up with Terry, Sue, Wendy and Chris ourselves but we don't get to Orlando until 2 October.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast