Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GCSE Results Today!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done all

Post Thanks / Like
    My DD got 3A* 3A and 4B - really delighted and proud of her. She is going to college to do A levels in German, English Lit, History, Economics and Gen Studies. We went to complete her enrolment today and they have put her on the Gifted & Talented Oxbridge applicants programme.

She can be a real pain..but I am so proud of her today :)

1997 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    1998 & 1999 - Disneyland Hotel & Sequoia Lodge- DLP
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort WDW
    2001 & 2002 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    2003 - Hotel New York - DLP
    2004 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2005 - Hotel New York - DLRP
    2006 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2007 - Yacht Club - WDW
    2008 - Disneyland Hotel, DLRP
    2009 - Yacht Club WDW, HRH & BLT
    2010 - Beach Club WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    Do College and University mean the same thing in the UK or are they different?

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 162530
    Do College and University mean the same thing in the UK or are they different?
    No..they are different, John.

We have a 'secondary' school education (age 11-16) which gets you GCSEs (General Certificates of Secondary Education) which DD has just done. You can then stay at your existing school for 'sixth form' or go to college which is two years at the end of which you do A Levels (Advanced Level). After that providing you get good enough grades you can go to University to do a 'Degree' which can vary in length from three years on wards e.g the degree DD wants to do is four years. That is when you graduate over here. You can then do a further 'post graduate' course etc ..... So my DD will be 23 before she finishes

I have nieces and nephews who have lived in US all their lives so know that your system is totally different :)

1997 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    1998 & 1999 - Disneyland Hotel & Sequoia Lodge- DLP
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort WDW
    2001 & 2002 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    2003 - Hotel New York - DLP
    2004 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2005 - Hotel New York - DLRP
    2006 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2007 - Yacht Club - WDW
    2008 - Disneyland Hotel, DLRP
    2009 - Yacht Club WDW, HRH & BLT
    2010 - Beach Club WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    wow! well done everyone, you Mummys and Daddys out there can all be very proud of your teenagers today! They've all done really well, and i mean that most sincerely

I'll be in your position next year and I'm already not looking forward to it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Some fantastic results.................... Well done & congratulations eveyrone

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie2, post: 162558
    No..they are different, John.

We have a 'secondary' school education (age 11-16) which gets you GCSEs (General Certificates of Secondary Education) which DD has just done. You can then stay at your existing school for 'sixth form' or go to college which is two years at the end of which you do A Levels (Advanced Level). After that providing you get good enough grades you can go to University to do a 'Degree' which can vary in length from three years on wards e.g the degree DD wants to do is four years. That is when you graduate over here. You can then do a further 'post graduate' course etc ..... So my DD will be 23 before she finishes

I have nieces and nephews who have lived in US all their lives so know that your system is totally different :)
    I knew the UK school system was different. Thanks for the explanation Debbie.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12