Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manchester Airport Hotels

Post Thanks / Like
    I need to book the night before we fly out and as we have never flown from Manchester before I am completely at a loss about where to stay.

When we fly from Gatwick, we always stay at the Hilton as it is only a short walk to the airport.

So, where would you stay at Manchester, I've looked at the Radisson, is the the only hotel that is actually attached to the hotel and is the walk to the terminal very far

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    No but why spend so much money?... we always stay at the Travel lodge, Rungar lane. and they have a shuttle every 15 mins to the airport.. takes 5 mins. Travel lodge is about 50 per room per night and you can get a decent breakfast if you want. Plus T/L do offers during the year for rooms at 29 per night sometimes for any time of the year. I have done the Raddisson and while very nice it is a huge amount added on to your hols... but if money is no object and you want to treat yourself then Radisson is the way to go for us too. It has a covered walkway to the terminal... one of those moving belts you walk on if it's too much to walk, cos it can be quite a ways if you're lugging luggage I suppose. Plus you can go shopping at the airport the night before. HTH.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Helly the only reason we were thinking of the Radisson was because I want to try and protect my knee as much as I can before we fly I've looked at the prices and :wow: I normally pay that or less for breakfast and dinner at the Hilton

The moving belt sounds good that should help a lot

I am completely at a loss with Manchester I have no idea where anything is, where the car rentals are to drop the car off and I don't think they do twilight either do they

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    No twilight Wendy
    We stayed at the Radisson for our last trip and have booked it again for December.
    It depends on which car park you book as to how far it is from the hotel. We use the short stay (even though it is a month) and you basically step out of your car and cross the road to the terminal.
    From here, it took us about 4/5 minutes to get to the check in desk of the Radisson with our luggage.

We used OLCI before we left for the airport so that we just had a baggage drop to do the next morning.

We splashed out and had room service for breakfast which was actually very nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    We won't have our car because we are flying back into Gatwick, so it will be a rental, more than likely Avis because they do a good one way rental rate.

Do you need to print up boarding passes if you do OLCI this is all new territory to me We are going up sometime on the Wednesday so would I be able to check in before we leave home

I'm getting a rate of 145 including breakfast for a standard room - is that about right on their own site they are charging more than that

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 162462
    Do you need to print up boarding passes if you do OLCI this is all new territory to me We are going up sometime on the Wednesday so would I be able to check in before we leave home

I'm getting a rate of 145 including breakfast for a standard room - is that about right on their own site they are charging more than that
    you print out your boarding passes at home. You can do OLCI 24 hours before your flight leaves. It's so simple even I can do it

That's pretty steep....I think! We have managed to get a rate of 79 for the night but that was because we booked way in advance and, it is non refundable if we change our minds.
    I can't remember the exact date you are leaving but, a rough guess of the date got me 125 with Radisson direct.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was told to never ever book direct, always costs way more... why? I have no blimmin' idea. You will love the Rad if you stay there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know of a great b&b in Stone where you and Chris would have been more than welcome to spend the night before you fly out Wendy.
    The only problem is that the owners will be away in Florida at the time of your departure!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari]I can't remember the exact date you are leaving but, a rough guess of the date got me 125 with Radisson direct.[/QUOTE]

How did you manage that, when I checked the dates they came up with 159 and I think that was room only :unsure:

We will need it for the night of the 23rd September.

[QUOTE=Slowhand, post: 162595
    I know of a great b&b in Stone where you and Chris would have been more than welcome to spend the night before you fly out Wendy.
    The only problem is that the owners will be away in Florida at the time of your departure!

well that's just not good enough :wink:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 162611
    How did you manage that, when I checked the dates they came up with 159 and I think that was room only

We will need it for the night of the 23rd September
    I managed it by guessing the wrong date
    Why is that date so expensive.
    I did another guess last night (before I saw this post) and put in the Friday 18th September....and got 59.25 for a room!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast