Thread: Now it feels REAL!

Post Thanks / Like

Went by the travel agency today and picked up our packet of goodies--itinerary, luggage tags, tickets! I'm so boingy even Tigger would say "Sheesh, siddown, wouldja? You're makin' my head hurt!"

Stopped by the Disney Store to pick up some more Disney Dollars for the kiddos' spending money, and was told "Oh, I'm so sorry, we're all out!"
    That dumbfounded me, it was rather like going to your local bank to make a withdrawal and being told they ran out of cash, LOL...but we remedied things with a gift card per kid instead. So children are up to $100 of their very own "blow it on whatever you wish in WDW, but when it's gone, it's gone" fund.

Got home and can't for the life of me think of a good place to keep the tickets so they don't get lost or forgotten (which is SO something I would do)! In my luggage, maybe? Eep, I'm already climbing the walls and there's more than 100 days to go.
    Come onnnnnnn December!

Love isn't about finding someone you can live with.
    It's about finding someone you can share a lifetime with.

Post Thanks / Like
    YAY!!! It's getting closer
    PM one of the members that you trust and tell them where you are putting your tickets....just to be sure

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow your tickets are early!

Fingers crossed they stay safe. x

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow!! You get your tickets early........................... we struggle to wait for ours and they don't normally arrive until 2 weeks before departure. Soon be time for your double digit dance

Post Thanks / Like
    It's going to be here before you know it!

Do you have a travel binder or something you can put them in? Where no one else will remove them? A safe? Locking file cabinet?

I'm running out of ideas!

Post Thanks / Like
    All good ideas, thank you, everyone! I dug around in the midden (don't get me started on my utter lack of organizational skills ) and found a nice vinyl documents case that the same travel agent had given me about ten years ago. It's exactly what I needed!

Guess the agency has had to cut costs--these days all they hand out is a little folder made of card stock.
    So now all my paperwork is in the document case, document case is tucked into my suitcase, suitcase safely put away. The only way I can lose it now is if I decide to get on the plane without any luggage. ...The trick will be remembering to pull the document folder out before checking my bags, but I think I'll be paying close attention once we actually head out the door. (I hope!)

Tomorrow I'm going to go to the bookstore and pick up my second copy of the 2009 Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World (by Bob Sehlinger). First copy got used and abused so much, it won't last till December! I really really have to get focused on figuring out the ADR's--my 90 day window is in just about three weeks!

If I run around in circles any faster, I'm going to bump into myself! Just wait till October arrives, and I manage to get the three of us packed, with bags all waiting in the hall, before Halloween!
    Love isn't about finding someone you can live with.
    It's about finding someone you can share a lifetime with.

Post Thanks / Like
    i was going to suggest what Isafari said! They're well early aren't they?

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't it always so much more real when you have the actual tickets, etc to hold in your hands. It's like you have proof that you're going.