Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom Sawyer Island

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone go to Tom Sawyer Island?
    We've never gone across there as I am assuming it is just like a kiddies play area. Is there anything there for grown up kids?
    I've heard something about hidden paintbrushes...what's that all about?

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a great place for kids (and big ones) paths and tunnels to explore and a fort to play in. You do feel that you are away from it all over there. They used to hide a paintbrush and if you found it and gave it to a CM on the raft on your way back you got a prize - I had heared that they had stopped that though although not sure.

I always wanted to get a drink and snack at Aunt Pollys while the kids played but it is never open when we have been there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure what all is there now, but I went over in 1981. There are "caves", fun bridges and a number of things I can't remember!

I believe they still redeem the paintbrushes for an FP for the entire group on BTMRR or Splash. You give them to the CMs on the raft on the return trip and receive the FP in return. Pretty much have to be on the first raft of the day to find one, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not positive, but I think Aunt Polly's is permanently closed. :sigh;

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taja, post: 6963
    Pretty much have to be on the first raft of the day to find one, though.
    Raft....do you have to go by raft! Can I walk there
    Are there any good photo opportunities there?

Post Thanks / Like
    No, you must go on the raft.

Well, there might be good photos. It's a bit of an overgrown Island with lots of tree cover, so there are many shadows and darker areas.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Aunt Pollys used to serve the best apple pie and root beer floats.

I like Tom Sawyers Island - it's a little refuge.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know. People still go there looking for them, and there is nothing but closed windows to greet them. The rockers were still there though, at least last time I went.

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like somewhere my DS would enjoy. I think we'll make an effort to catch that raft.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah be careful of those rockers. They sit out in the sun all day. Sit on one of those highly varnished babies wearing shorts and you'll know about it. :shocked025:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast