Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Animal Kingdom Lodge - what do you like/dislike

Post Thanks / Like
    lol Keith!

Lisa do you have a copy of the menu from Sanna? when you've unpacked that is

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 163392
    I once read someone who said the whole time they were there they didn't see a single animal Have to wonder if they walked around blindfolded don't you? (either that or the animals saw them coming and made a run for it ;)
    I vote for the second option!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is my dream resort to stay at. Last time we stopped by for dinner at the buffet place, cant' think of the name and just walked around. More than anything I want to go back and stay there but with 5 to a room is that possible?

We have been staying at Port Orleans riverside with the trundle bed.
    Kathy, disney loving mom of 3

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife and i stayed at ALK on our honeymoon, it was a really cool place to spend a few night. Lots to do and see, personally i liked sitting at the viewing points watching the animals

Post Thanks / Like
    We've stayed at AKL twice & enjoyed it very much both times. I find the CMs here to be particularly sweet & helpful. There are so many kids activities if you have children so be sure to check into that. We enjoyed the food court very much & Boma's for breakfast is a must for us almost every trip! The lobby & rooms are dark, sort of like the WL but you get used to it. And they are just so beautiful! I love how the rooms are decorated.
    A lot complain about the distance to MK but I really didn't notice it during either trip. Once I'm on a bus & as long as my tushy has a seat then I'm happy. It just didnt' seem like it took any longer to me. The busses normally were not crowded either & I liked that BUT I haven't been since all the new Villa rooms have opened. That could change the situation unless they add more busses or have seperate ror the Villas from the regular rooms.
    I really can't think of any complaints.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm the same. I really don't notice the distance between the resort and any given park. I mean, seriously what does it matter! It's not like most people haven't already traveled a great distance to get there!

I've been to Kidani Village and didn't mind the bus situation, but that is because any time we were on the bus it went to Kidani first. :D :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 179786

I've been to Kidani Village and didn't mind the bus situation, but that is because any time we were on the bus it went to Kidani first. :D :D

So Tink, were the busses standing room only now?
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Ummmm...I honestly can't remember! We went during the Food and Wine Festival... I don't recall standing, and I don't recall having anyone standing in front of me, so I'm going to say no-everyone was seated.

Isn't that awful?! Better get me some gingko biloba in my stocking!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder, post: 179803
    So Tink, were the busses standing room only now?
    They were standing room coming back from MK/EPCOT after the fireworks and going to the parks at busy times.

Far busier with kidani than before that's for sure. (enough to bug me)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Were going to akl in feb 2011 and im hoping the buses wont be to bad. We have a hire car though so if there mega busy I think we will use that to get around.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast