Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell me about Halloween at the parks

Post Thanks / Like
    We always go to Florida over the Christmas and New Year period which we absolutely love.
    However, a member of WDisney Secrets sent me a copy of some Halloween footage a while back and I must say....the MK parade looks brilliant?

What else is going on at this time of year.....SW/US/BG too....as I've heard that US is actually quite scarey for halloween:shocked025:

Are there any stage shows?

Post Thanks / Like
    didnt do US but did do MNSSHP wowser what a night! got bucket loads of free candy to!! The parade and Hallow-Wishes fireworks were just stunning aswell. Would recoment it to anyone

Post Thanks / Like
    food and wine festival

Post Thanks / Like
    MNSSHP is fantastic - the fireworks and parade are the best Stitch does a show in Cosmic Rays with dancing with the characters and they have dance parties with Cinderellas mice as well. They have a villain mix and mingle in front of the castle and you get to see characters you don't usually like the Big Bad Wolf, Malificent, Jafar etc. Oh and Tarzan usually 'hangs out' in Adventureland - normally quite a big queue for him

I love the Food and Wine Festival - I'm sure Epcot is going to feel really bare to us next year as we go in August.

Wouldn't dare go to Universal Horror Nights! BG had something going on along the lines of Universal as well as we saw them setting up but I don't do scarey.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    our first trip without kids will be to the food and wine festival! i've done it once before with a friend but dh hasn't

Post Thanks / Like
    There is no way at all, you couldn't even pay me, to attend US Horror Nights. Way too much gore for me. :(

There is Trick or Treating at DTD too.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I love love love love Halloween at Disney! I have never been to US, so I can't help there. Dh and I went to MNNSHP and we just had a blast. We even dressed up (Dh got a new Jack Skellington hat while at DTD, so I didn't have to twist his arm too much), and felt so much a part of the party. We went trick or treating which was super fun, got our free picture done, and spent lots of time with the characters all dressed up. The fireworks were special and we loved the Halloween parade. I love that you can go to the park during the day and then come back at night and it all looks so different. One of the best things was the short lines for the rides. I think Dh and I did all the rides during the party that we would never wait in long lines for during the day. We did the teacups, dumbo, and snow white. All the rides we would pass over due to the 30-40 minute wait. Most we walked right on. So anyway long story short (hmm..we need the blushing smilie please :) ) we love Halloween at Disney and you should go!!

Post Thanks / Like
    We're going to our first ever MNSSHP this September. We've been to a MVMCP but DD was ill and we had to leave at about 8pm :( but we did the Pirates and Princess last summer and that was so much fun that we can't wait to see what the Halloween party is like.
    ~July 2009 ~ 5 weeks in Florida AKV, Villa, Vero, BLT, SSR & GF~
    ~October 2009 ~ WL, CR Tower Club & BLT~
    ~August 2010 ~ DCL and Bay Lake Towers~

Post Thanks / Like
    We did US halloween last year.. OMG it was the biggest wildest laugh ever! It is NOT for little kids, some adults DO drink but we had no trouble and the shows are scary! You'll be walking along when suddenly you'll get chased by a guy in a mask carrying a loud chainsaw! You go to buildings that are made up like scary themes ie one will be clowns another will be done up to represent Nightmare on Elm Street... you walk thru these buildings and people jump out at you when you least expect it... very very funny but wear underwear lol... and take a spare pair! The lines are horrendous but you can get in quicker by buying a faster line pass, forget what it's called... My goth teen LOVED it, she's into gore and stuff whereas I wet meself laffing so hard. The security people killed themselves laughing at me screaming my head off! It definitely ISN'T abit like the Disney one.

Post Thanks / Like
    :scared004: Not me! Not me!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast