1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

A day away from the parks

Discussion in 'Other Florida Parks and Attractions' started by Isafari, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Where would you suggest for a day away from the parks. We will have a car so don't mind travelling for a couple of hours. Oh, we don't like crowded beaches.
  2. canesandphins1

canesandphins1 Imagineer

St Augustine is awesome so much to see and do oldest city in America but from disney it's a couple hours there
  3. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

What about visiting some of Florida's springs?

Many of them have swimming and other activities. Some of them have gotten very commercialized. Like Silver Springs.

When I was kid, we used to regularly go to either Weeki Wachee Springs or Rainbow Springs. Don't know what's there now but there used to be a swimming platform out in the middle of the Weeki Wachee river right below the springs. We'd swim out there, throw quarters into the water and you'd be able to see them clearly on the bottom about 40 feet down. We'd then dive in, swim down and retrieve them, bring them up and do it all again. It's a great way to cool off on a hot, summer day. Florida springs stay at an average 68 to 70 degrees year round.

Tom :)macwave:... cool, clear water!)
  4. canesandphins1

canesandphins1 Imagineer

Cat that's a great idea I was born on Orlando lived here all my life I guess I take those for granted