1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

News A Glimpse at the Future Access to Disney Springs

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

If you’ve visited Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World Resort lately, you’ve most likely noticed the many changes underway as the area transforms into Disney Springs – it’s the largest expansion in Downtown Disney history and, when completed, will double the area’s number of dining and retail options. Through this expansion, guests can continue to enjoy more than 70 themed and immersive shopping, dining and entertainment venues day and night.

disney-springs.jpg

The surrounding roadways and parking areas at Downtown Disney are growing too and will eventually offer easier access to the area. Two new renderings showcase the work that is already underway, which includes widening Lake Buena Vista Drive from seven to 10 lanes and constructing two multilevel garages. Two pedestrian bridges are also planned that will help lead guests into Disney Springs near the current Marketplace side, while the other will offer access in through the West Side.

disney-sprinds-2.jpg

The changes will also include a new I-4 interchange that will offer guests direct access to Disney Springs.
    All of this work is part of the area’s transformation into Disney Springs, which will continue into 2016. The first phase of the expansion called The Landing, will open in 2015 to offer lakefront shopping and dining.

All of this work is part of the area’s transformation into Disney Springs, which will continue into 2016. The first phase of the expansion, an area called The Landing, will open in 2015 to offer lakefront shopping and dining.

2. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

Looks like it is going to be fantastic. So looking forward to seeing the progress next year.

Mags

3. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

I'm really pleased about the direct route from the I4 to Disney Springs.

...I'm ashamed to admit going from Downtown Disney back to the villa is the one journey I can't manage without the satnav!