1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

A Look ‘Below the Surface’ at Aulani

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort and California Adventure' started by Wendy, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Rainbow Reef, the unique interactive snorkeling experience in the Waikolohe Valley recreation space, will be one of the fun adventure highlights of a vacation at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa in Hawai‘i. The 3,000-square-foot lagoon contains numerous fish found around Hawai‘i, including Angel Fish, Butterfly Fish and Tangs, all living in Rainbow Reef and available for up-close viewing by snorkelers.

Assistant Curator Marjorie Awai talks about Rainbow Reef in the video below. Notice that an additional feature of the lagoon will be the underwater rock formations which, like the rocks of the Pu‘u Kilo (Remember? The lava outcropping/water slide in Waikolohe Valley) take on some striking shapes when you look at them closely.

Can you spot all the shapes – shark, octopus, etc? Pretty sure I spotted a turtle down there as well.

[video=youtube;t_j3hss3CQM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_j3hss3CQM[/video]​