A rocking, Christmas adventure in the Wilderness – Day 8

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Trip Reports and Itineraries' started by *Bambi-Belle*, Jan 17, 2009.

1. *Bambi-Belle*

*Bambi-Belle* New Member

A rocking, Christmas adventure in the Wilderness – Day 8

Cast

Me – Loves all things Disney, also loves planning and writing lists.
    DH – Loves all things Disney. Hates planning and loathes my lists lol.
    DS1 – Luuuuuuvs big coasters, Goofy, Swimming and all things Star wars.
    DS2 – Is glad he is finally tall enough to get on some cool coasters. Loves all things Disney, loves my lists and is my planning buddy.

Day 8 – Islands of Adventure and breakfast with Mr Grinch

Today we are up early to have breakfast with the Grinch. We pack up and declare we need to spend more than one night at this hotel the next time. DH checks out and takes the bags to the car, and then we all head back through the hotel and walk over to Islands of adventure. Today is already very hot and it’s only 8:30

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Breakfast with the Grinch, what can I say FANTASTIC!!!!!! We loved every single moment. There was Mr Mean himself the Grinch but there was also the Whos, Thing one, Thing two and the cat in the hat. The whos were fab lol and so funny. They made my DH eat his green eggs and ham which were fowl. They also fed my DS2 his sausages and offered to pour some sugar on them for him to sweeten him up as he was obviously a friend of the Grinch due to his hat’ lol We all sang jingle bells to Mr Grinch and shouted that we loved him to which his reply was shut up you annoying people. He even had my very serious 13 year old in fits of laughter. Mr Grinch told me that annoying Moms like me who take far too many photos of their kids need to be left at home. He kept jumping around so I couldn’t take a good photo. He told DS2 that he found his hat to be an insult heeheeheehee! and said it looked more like his Dad than him. I could go on and on about this breakfast. We had so much fun and would say that it was the best Character meal we have ever had.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More to come..........

2. *Bambi-Belle*

*Bambi-Belle* New Member

More Breakfast photos....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After breakfast we ride

Cat in the hat
    One fish two fish
    Seuss carousel
    Trolley ride

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then it’s on to discovery land. I think that’s what it’s called lol

Connor has fun at the talking fountain which splashes him for looking at him funny lol We had a wee nosey at all the building that’s going on for Harry potter Land.
    DH and DS1 want to ride both dragons so they do that and DS1 and I walked on to the dinosaur discovery place. It was nice to get out of the sun for a wee while.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DH and DS1 meet us there and we all ride Jurassic Park then the kids play at the dino park place for a while.

More to come.......

3. *Bambi-Belle*

*Bambi-Belle* New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next it’s on to Toon town, no one is up for ripshaw falls as we heard someone say they were 40mins with express passes. So straight round to Bluto’s Barges and we all get soaked. Then the kids play in the boat for a while.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It’s time for Spiderman Woot!!!!!!! This is still my favourite ride lol
    DH and DS! want to do Dr Doom falls and The hulk so of they go and DS2 and I walk back round to Seuss land. DS2 plays at the zoo and I sit up at Green eggs and ham so I can keep an eye on him. He helps the Whos soak people. I apologise to anyone who may have been soaked by my son that day lol Soon the other two find us and we head to Circus McGurkus for lunch. What an improvement on yesterdays lunch. After that we watch the Grinch who stole Christmas. This really was a very good show. Afterwards we head back and do spidy again then decide we are done with this park so head over to Universal studios to do The Mummy and Men in black one last time. We did suggest the Simpsons but the kids weren’t overly fussed so we walked back over to the hotel said our goodbyes and headed back to the Wilderness Lodge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More to come lol....... :thumbsup:

4. *Bambi-Belle*

*Bambi-Belle* New Member

Some more photos....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DH got us some fries from roaring forks for tea and then he went straight to bed as he had a bit of a headache. The sensible thing would have been for us to go to bed too but we thought it might be fun to pop over to the Magic kingdom as it was such a lovely night. I don’t have any pictures as I thought it would be better with no bag. Just a few dollars in my pocket lol We did have lots of photo pass photos done though.

First we went on Pirates of the Caribbean then the haunted mansion. We came out and sat in a wee café place across from it and ate some frozen water melon as we watched spectro go past. We headed up to the mountains but the wait times were both about 60 mins so we wandered down to fantasy land and did Mickey’s Phillharmagic then it’s a small world. We slowly made our way down to tomorrow land and went on Buzz, the carrousel of progress, transit authority, and Comedy laugh floor, Then called it a night. We were dead on our feet.Lol We reached our room at 1:30am and fell soundly fast asleep

This really was a busy but enjoyable day. It did effect our plans for the next day though lol:unsure:

Thanks for reading. xxxxxxxxxx

5. Jodie

Jodie New Member

SAHM
    IoA is my favourite park.

6. lisaw

lisaw New Member

catering assistant
    Another great day - I am really enjoying your trippie Bambi-Belle :thumbsup:

7. Britchick

Britchick Well-Known Member

i'm really enjoying them too hun:hug2: