A rocking, Christmas adventure in the Wilderness – Day 9

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Trip Reports and Itineraries' started by *Bambi-Belle*, Jan 17, 2009.

1. *Bambi-Belle*

*Bambi-Belle* New Member

A rocking, Christmas adventure in the Wilderness – Day 9

Cast

Me – Loves all things Disney, also loves planning and writing lists.
    DH – Loves all things Disney. Hates planning and loathes my lists lol.
    DS1 – Luuuuuuvs big coasters, Goofy, Swimming and all things Star wars.
    DS2 – Is glad he is finally tall enough to get on some cool coasters. Loves all things Disney, loves my lists and is my planning buddy.

Day 9 – Erm well not SeaWorld lol but Epcot instead.

Soooooo Yesterday was a really long day. Today was supposed to be SeaWorld but we never made it.

We woke up around 11am DH has been up ages and done some washing all ready, remember he was the sensible one who went to bed lol He has also brought us some breakfast. Still we don’t rush to get out of bed. Instead we watch Princesses Diaries 2 on the Disney Channel.

Finally we drag ourselves out of bed and into the bathroom. We leave the hotel at 3pm. Shameful I know. We still think we can make SeaWorld for a while as the park is open till 10pm. DH stops at the petrol station for gas and buys me a bottle of diet cola. A wee bit down the road a car pulls out in front of him and he slams the breaks and a whole bottle of diet cola spills all over me lol so it’s back to the hotel for me to change heehee. They all wait in the car and I run up. It’s now about 3:45 but we are still hopeful we will make the park lol Then we hit traffic heeheeheehee! We finally make it to SeaWorld but now the kids are hungry as all they have had to eat is cereal today. So we take a vote and decide to abandon SeaWorld go to Bahama Breeze, have some yummy food and head to Epcot for extra magic hours. No one is overly upset as we always have mixed feelings when it comes to SeaWorld. It’s not our favourite park.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bahama Breeze – We love this place. I can’t remember what everyone had but I had a lovely mango non-alcoholic slushy cocktail and Mango chicken. I know we shared a combo type starter. DS1 was the only one who wanted a pudding but our lovely server brought us 4 spoons to his dismay. It was a lovely chocolate island thingy.

Next on to Epcot.

This turned out to be a lovely night.

First we went to drink some free cola at ice station cool and convinced the kids that they loved the Beverly one last year. Mwahahahahaha! Then I tried the watermelon one Japan I think Ewwwwww I think we all agreed that the ginger ale one was the best.

Our first ride was the Mexico one with Donald.
    DS2 decided this was the night he was doing the mask round the world kidcop thing lol

We also caught two more of the Christmas tradition stories, the Mexico one which was about the 3 wise Kings and the Norway one, which was about a Christmas elf. It was probably the funniest one we had seen. I went to the restrooms in America while DH and the kids carried on DS2’s quest to complete his Mask thingy lol As I came out Illuminations had begun so I grabbed some photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After the Mask was completed we headed for test track. We heard someone say fast passes were available for Mission space again so DH headed up for them while we waited in line for test track. The wait time said 50 mins but it we only waited 30.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After test track we wandered up to Mission space, we luuuuuuv this ride. I love the sling shot round the moon bit the best, although I did wonder if it was a good idea after such a huge dinner lol I sat and sipped a bottle of water while DH and the kids did the training lab thing. I was mortified at My DH becoming slightly competitive and yelling we need more blue to his team at the top of his voice lol. They did win though. Heeheehee

[​IMG]

We decided to call it a night and headed back to the hotel.

Yup another day that didn’t go to plan but oh! well! We still had a good day or would that be night heeheehee.:wiggle:

Thanks for reading.

2. lisaw

lisaw New Member

catering assistant
    Glad you had a good evening :lol: My kids have those masks from the last three trips hanging around their rooms :D

3. Jodie

Jodie New Member

SAHM
    Glad Test Track was quicker than the 50mins it said. Last year we noticed that often the quoted times were waaaayyy out of the actual waiting time.