1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

A rocking, Christmas adventure in the Wilderness – Day 11

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by *Bambi-Belle*, Jan 17, 2009.

1. *Bambi-Belle*

*Bambi-Belle* Imagineer

A rocking, Christmas adventure in the Wilderness – Day 11- Hogmanay

Cast

Me – Loves all things Disney, also loves planning and writing lists.
    DH – Loves all things Disney. Hates planning and loathes my lists lol.
    DS1 – Luuuuuuvs big coasters, Goofy, Swimming and all things Star wars.
    DS2 – Is glad he is finally tall enough to get on some cool coasters. Loves all things Disney, loves my lists and is my planning buddy.

Day 11 – Hogmanay (New Years Eve)

Today we were up early and hit Hollywood Studios at 9am. The park was already bustling. We fast passed Toy story mania and walked round to the Rock and roller coaster which was already at 60 mins so we think noooooo.

We head over to the great movie ride which was fab as we had two very sarcastic but very funny teenagers behind us who gave their own running commentary. Some people may have been annoyed by them but we found them hilarious. After this we headed to Star tours catching the end of Jedi training on the way. We promised DS2 we would come back later. We ride star tours then head up to the stunt show light motors action. The boys all three of them love this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We then head to Muppets 3D and back down to the next Jedi training show. We get there about 15mins before it starts.
    We took our place on the rope. I must say some of the parents were unbelievable. One Mum said this was her sons 5th attempt at trying to get picked and didn’t know what she would do if he wasn’t chosen this time and one woman came over to the rope and shoved my DS2 out of the way and slotted her 3 kids in. Little did she know that DS2 may look small, but he won’t be pushed around. He said Oi!!!! I was here first and slotted himself back into place, we just left him to it. Lol

So out comes the Jedi master and randomly selects the kids. It really was just luck. DS2 was picked and the boy who was on his 5th try wasn’t. His Mum had a bit of a strop and left. They are put into groups DS2 was put into the Darth mal group but what we think was due to the photo pass guy not getting pictures of him with Darth Mall, he was allowed to fight Darth Vader too. To say he was chuffed is an understatement. Can I just point out that DS1 is a huge massive Star Wars fan and admitted to being slightly jealous of his wee brother come to think of it his Dad was Jealous too. This was a fab experience and DS2 was so proud of his diploma. He said it was the best part of his whole holiday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So now we can get a new fast pass woot!!!! straight over to rock and roller coaster. Heehee! Evening fast passes obtained.

Everyone is a bit peckish so we head to pizza planet. It’s so noisy in here but the Pizzas are actually quite good.

We take a slow walk over to toy story mania to use our fast passes then decide to head back to the hotel and come back later in the day.

On the bus back to the hotel a family inform us that the Magic Kingdom is closed and that in Epcot there is a five hour wait for soaring. Who joins a queue that’s that long for a 3 min ride, complete insanity if you ask me?

More to come......

2. *Bambi-Belle*

*Bambi-Belle* Imagineer

We all have a wee nap for about 2 hours then wake up and watch the Ellen show.

Soon it’s time to head back to Hollywood studios; we had already decided if the park was closed we would just head back to the hotel and bring in the New year there, but no need the park was busy but open.

So time to ride The Rock and roller Coaster, 45 mins with a fast pass and just as we are nearly there it breaks down. We are told it will be fixed but if we want to leave we can get fast passes to come back later. We have an ADR for in about 10 mins over at the 50s prime time diner so take the fast passes and leg it.

The 50s Prime Time diner was fab, Mum was from Texas and great fun. She gave us some Disney homework. Can you name 15 Disney films with only one word in the title? We got 13/15 which we thought wasn’t too bad. She grounded us though.
    She also force fed DH his green beans which had the kids in stitches.
    The food in here was great and the portions were quite small so we were all able to have a starter, main and pudding.

I had - Blue Claw Crab Cake - Mom's Old Fashioned Pot Roast – Angel food cake

DH - Shrimp Cocktail - Dad's Traditional Meatloaf - Grandpa's Bread Pudding

DS1 - Shrimp Cocktail - Top Sirloin Steak - Dad's Brownie Sundae

DS2 – Chicken noodle soup - Chicken Nuggets – Ice cream sundae

Everyone really enjoyed it. The chicken noodle soup was lovely; I had a wee taste heehee. The only thing that was a bit off putting was that the mains came out before myself and DS2 had finished our starters, but all Mum’s antics made up for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After dinner we took a walk up to see the Osborne family dancing lights. They really are spectacular; my photos do them no justice at all. We wandered right up to the lights motor place as this was where they were handing out the free hats and hooters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It really was a fantastic atmosphere. We slowly made our way towards rock and roller coaster stopping to listen to the live band on the stage. I have no idea who they were but they were really good playing hits from the likes of Aerosmith, Nirvana and oldies from the likes of Van Halen and the Eagles. We were so glad that we chose this park for tonight. It really suited us.

We reach the rock and roller coaster to discover not only is it working but we have two sets of fast passes and ride it twice in a row. After DS1 takes ages to pick out a T – shirt we just wander about and enjoy the night.

More to come.........

3. *Bambi-Belle*

*Bambi-Belle* Imagineer

One more ride on Star tours and it’s nearly time for the countdown. Oh! DH thought it a good idea to buy a light sabre for DS2. I’m sure the crowds of people didn’t agree that was a good decision on his part.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We had no chance at getting back into the middle due to the crowds but didn’t really want to due to having wee ones. We still had a fab view though. The atmosphere was electric and the fireworks were great. I can’t think of a better way to bring in the New Year with my family. The band played Dream On by Aerosmith which is my favourite Aerosmith song. I did get a bit teary and emotional when we were all hugging and kissing!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting out was a bit scary though. The crowd control was non existence. One man pushed in between me and DS2 we broke hands but luckily a disabled woman in a wheelchair had seen what had happened and grabbed him until I could reach him. I did yell at the guy which is so not me but I had got a huge fright. We had lost DH and DS1 by this time but just kept going. Then the lady in the wheel chairs husband was then pushed and let go the wheelchair so I grabbed that and she grabbed DS2. Her husband was old too, she was so worried. He caught up with us near the bottom. They both said they were going to put in an official complaint into Disney. We chatted to them a while at the gates as we waited on DH and DS1 finding us.

[​IMG]

Soon we were found lol and DH thought that it was hilarious that I had been yelling at a complete stranger as this is very out of character for me. I was the butt of his jokes all the way home on the bus heeheeheehee!

Apart from the getting out part today was perfect.:wiggle:

Thanks for reading. xxxxxxxxx

4. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

What a great New Years Eve - We love 50's Prime Time and your server looked lots of fun :lol:

Sorry to hear about the scary exit though, I would have been terrified and yelling too :hug2:

5. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Shocking crowds but most of it is down to rude 'i'm more important than you' people than Disney, they can't be held responsible for 1000's of people all diving for the gates at the same time.