1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

A Spooky Disney Celebration

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Ariel2008, Oct 14, 2008.

1. sazzledazzle

sazzledazzle Earning my ears

Great read Ariel, looking forward to the DLP trippie as we are going again in january (in the snow hopefully - I love snow!lol)

2. Ariel2008

Ariel2008 Earning my ears

Oh I hope you get snow, that would be cool. We had snow when we went for NYE 2006/2007 but it was 'Disney' snow :lol:, although it definitely felt cold enough to be real snow. I hope you have a great time too, have you any plans yet?

3. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

We went between Xmas and NYE a few years ago and it was -10, it was a teeny bit cold and frosty!

4. mrsc

mrsc Earning my ears

cant tell you how pleased i am to see you posting here.......

i really enjoy reading your plans, and seeing your fab pictures!!

i have never been to dlp so i look forward to hearing all about it....with loads of pics of course!!!

have a spooky time

5. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Brilliant Im lovin all these trip reports so much youre all such good story tellers :yes:

6. mrsc

mrsc Earning my ears

ok, i am so sorry for being so so nosey but i just have to ask.......

i have read your trippies from otther places that really need no mention, and i am so so curious to know.......how on earth do you finance all your amazing trips?

what do you do as your career as i am obviously doing the wrong things as i would love to go to the mountains where you took your mum for her birthdayxx

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  7. mInNiE

mInNiE Earning my ears

:yeahthat:please tell, i need a career change lol :p015:

8. Ariel2008

Glad you joined my report over here too... I'm definitely keeping up with yours.

I don't think that its so much about my career as to how I can afford the trips, its more about my home/lifestyle. My boyfriend and I have a house, we don't pay rent or bills (apart from phone and internet), we don't have any kids to pay out for, and we don't go out that often but rather save our money for great holidays. There will come a time soon that this will change and we will have to grow up and start spending our money on more sensible things like mortgages, bills etc, but for now whilst were still quite young were just enjoying what we love best... traveling and Disney :p015::p015:

9. mrsc

mrsc Earning my ears

oh wow..........

you both sound really sensible and on the same wave length, you both look so great together in your photos!!!!

i shall have to teach my children to be sensible and save for the nicer things in life!!!

sorry if i sounded nosey, but i fell in love with the pics from the mountains...the cabin looked amazing!!

10. Ariel2008

No its fine, you don't sound nosey at all. And yes the cabin was amazing, I really wasn't sure about that one as there were 3 and I had to choose and didn't want to get it wrong. But by my Mum's tearful reaction, and my sister and Dad refusing to leave, I think it was a good choice.

My older sister is the complete opposite of me and is so bad with money, she obviously takes after my dad (the real one). Whereas my Mum has always been very sensible and careful with money, only spending what she has and what she knows she can afford, and I guess that has rubbed off on me somewhat. I just hope my baby sister gets the sensible gene as her Dad isn't that sensible with money either.

11. mrsc

mrsc Earning my ears

well your mum should be extremely proud of you as i can only hope that my kids turn out as sensible as you guys.

i hope you continue to enjoy many happy holidays....even spooky ones!!!!

i look forward to reading more!!

12. Ariel2008

Thank you, thats so sweet :hug2:

13. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Oh hunni! I'm soo glad you are posting your trippies over here as well!

What a great read ( as always) DLRP looks great fun! I've never been but my Mum has been for a Day when she was at her best friends wedding in France 4yrs ago. She said it was great fun -but don't think she knows what she letting herself in for with Orlando - as I'm guessing its not even maybe on the same scale!!!:shocked025:

Anyhow just want to echo what Claire has already said you really are such a lovely person and so good to your family!

They are very lucky folks to have someone as sweet as you in their lives.

Can't wait to here all about it when you get back!

Have a great time! Oh and Congratulations on your 5yr Anniversary!:champers3:

xxx

14. Ilovesnowwhitej

Ilovesnowwhitej Earning my ears

Hey Ariel

Just caught up on your trippie 'Brilliant' i love love the way you write, i want to snuggle up with a hot chocolate but my lappie is a bit big. 5 years deffinatley something to celebrate :champers2: with a glass or two of these.
    Dont forget lots and lots of picutres...
    xx

15. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

This is Ariel, of course she'll be bringing loads of photo's home. But she does forget the food ones sometimes.....!

16. Ariel2008

Hey guys, hope your all still with me :hug2:

Well were off tomorrow lunchtime, we're traveling to Folkestone to stay in a hotel overnight so we don't have to be up so early on Friday. We are stopping at Bluewater en-route to see HSM3 as a surprise for Sophie and then tea at TGI's, wahoo.

Anyway I hope you all have a fabulous Halloween. I will be back Tuesday with a new trip report and loads of photos :p015:.

Take care and have fun :hug2:

17. mInNiE

mInNiE Earning my ears

Hope everything is going well so far!! :overhere: Hope you have a wonderful time and look forward to reading all about it when you get back! Have fun! x

18. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Hope your having a wicked time Sammii!

19. Ariel2008

Hey guys were back :wave:

We got back home about 10.30 last night and then Mum, Dad and Sophie left about 9am this morning... I am sooooo tired, and very sad to be home again.

We had an amazing time, it has definitely made me want to go back again soon, unlike our last visit.
    Halloween was brilliant, as was the Paris tour, and Nick brought me lots of nice gifts and surprises.
    On the downside it was a bit rainy the first few days and also pretty chilly, it was very, very crowded (which we obviously expected), and of course the usual pushy, arrogant people who can't understand queue's.

Anyway I have got loads of photo's and will start my trip report soon, hopefully tonight if I can upload the photo's :p015:

Hope everyone is ok :hug2:

20. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

Good to have you back and it sounds like you had a great time. How many photo's did you take?