1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Accommodation recommendations

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by kazzaqld, Aug 25, 2010.

1. kazzaqld

kazzaqld Addicted to Mickey

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Trying to decide where to stay in Leeds, London and Paris! :unsure:

Suggestions welcome. :thumbsup:

It's just two of us - and it doesn't have to be really posh, just cheap and cheerful and friendly. :yes:

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Karen, we found the Winchester Hotel to be a lovely B&B within easy walking distance of Victoria Station, while we were in London in 2007.

3. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

How cheap in London? Also when we're travelling and want something reasonable we stay in premier inns, they have sales periodically and you can get them for £29 a night, travel lodges are not as nice but ok

4. kazzaqld

£29 sounds good! :)

But seriously, I know London is not cheap so I am prepared for that!

I'll check out Premier Inns.

5. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Park plaza Victoria is nice and just down the road from wicked :thumbsup:

City inn Westminster is reasonable at weekends, there are cheaper I know

Have a look at last minute.co.uk

6. Deb

Deb Serious Forum Regular

I'll have a think about London and Leeds. However, I have used this website a lot, expecially when I used to travel a lot on business and was tired of the same old types of hotels. I can't recall the recommendations on there ever letting me down.

Alastair Sawday's - Special Places

It has a lot of UK places, as well as Europe. They vary from B&Bs to hotels, and if you join (no cost) you can see the full descriptions, as well as links to websites of the places if they have one.

When in Paris last year we stayed in the Hotel du Pantheon

Paris Hotel du Pantheon - 3 star left bank hotel St Germain des Pres (Official web site)

The rooms are small as you'd esxpect in Paris, but beautiful as well as clean and very Parisian. It is on the same square as The Pantheon and our room looked right onto it. A 30 second walk took you to the top of a street full of bars and eating places, with a view of the Pantheon at one end, and the Eiffel Tower at the other - nice to sit out and watch the tower's light show after dark, albeit from a distance. 15 - 20 mins pleasant walk to the Seine and the Louvre, as well as having easy access to many other tourist spots, so very handy. No rooms are really cheap in Paris, but we got an excellent deal on their website. It also has a hotel next door, on the same website, Hotel des Grands Hommes, which I believe is very similar.

7. kazzaqld

Thanks John - looks like they've changed hands since you were there - the reports on Tripadvisor aren't very favourable! :unsure:

8. MarkE

MarkE Imagineer

Have a look on laterooms.co.uk, theres usually some good deals on there. London realy depends on how long youre there for and what you want to do - The tower of london is near Travelodge Tower Bridge, and thats reasonable for london- theres a Holiday Inn at Covent Garden too and thats quite cheap most of the time.

As for Leeds - try an innkeepers lodge, theyre attached to pubs!

And Paris - I'm SURE there's a theme park there you can visit and stay near... :yes:

Even if you just stayed NEAR it, and visited for a day! Theres a train station there so everything is accessible. They seem to be running promotions ALL THE TIME just lately too!