1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

ADRs all sorted for August

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Dawn, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

We booked 2 of them. Just 2. That's all.

Ohana for breakfast and 1900 Park Fare for our traditional last evening dinner.

The dining plan and the cost of Disney food is crazy now so everything else will be counter service, off site dining and eating back at the villa.

Oh and I've also made a lunch reservation for Mythos at Islands of Adventure. :wink:
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

yep makes total sense to me :yes:

I'm completely insane when it comes to booking loads and even I've only booked a handful this year for the same reasons.

You've booked the most fun ones anyway
  3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Same here!
    I don`t know what I want for dinner tonight, let alone what I will fancy 6 months before we dine at WDW! :lol:
  4. Dawn

If Steven had his way we'd be eating Publix sushi every night for dinner. :lol:

We already have Joe's Crab Shack pencilled in for a revisit and we may try a Longhorn Steakhouse this time too.
  5. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We will be going to 1900 Park Fare with Mari and family and then hopefully to Be Our Guest. Other than that it will be all off site for us as well.

The Longhorn on the 192 near the Target is hit or miss as far as we're concerned. The nicest by far is at Winter Garden :yes:
  6. Dawn

That's where we do our shopping! :mental:
  7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I haven't been able to convince Donna to leave Disney dining behind. We've still been getting some pretty good meals on site. Besides, on site, I don't normally have to worry about having a glass or two of wine with dinner.
  8. keith

Im going to have to retry longhorn :/ I like the feel of the place but the food was definitely mediocre. Perhaps my expectations were too high
  9. Wendy

The one near Target is so so, we've been in there and had good meals but then other times it's been bad, service included. So bad, that we actually didn't leave a tip once.

Everytime we go to Winter Garden's Longhorn we have a good meal, it's definitely worth a visit.
  10. keith

Is that winter garden village? or somewhere close to that?
  11. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I'm the same John, also we spend a lot of time in the Disney parks so it wouldn't make sense for us not to eat there. We are doing a lot more late lunches this time though as they have less expensive options on the menus. We do eat offsite on the odd days we aren't at the parks though.

I still like my Disney dining.
  12. Wendy

:yes: It's the opposite side of the road, you turn left at the next set of lights after you pass the entrance to Target etc on your right. I think it's then left again and the Longhorn is in front of you :) I'm guessing you would use the 429 Toll Road to get there :wink:

I think it's nicer and the service is better because it's locals :yes:
  13. keith

ok is it worth going all that way for over say ruths chris which is more money but ....?

or am I overesstimating the distance from the villa since I've only ever been to winter garden village by taxi (and as you know, they got lost every time)
  14. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Longhorn is good. Usually. But it's not in the same class as Ruth Chris.
  15. Johnie

I've got an ADR for Ohana and Be Our Guest for Aug. that's it for Disney dining. We will eat counter service while in the parks but there are plenty of reasonably priced alternatives off site for us
  16. keith

yeah I think perhaps I'm missing the point of longhorn :shrug1: I'll give it another try though and see if I was being a grump last time
  17. Johnie

What didn't you like about it when you went previously? They have really good bread lol. I had to pick up an order for my dad a couple if weeks ago while mom was in Africa. Dad ordered a porterhouse for us to split. Ordered it medium well (his thing not mine. I like a good medium). Man if that thing wasn't medium rare! It was fantastic! My dad even ate it. Plus the 2 little dogs ate too!

Longhorn is a steak place along the lines of Outback, Lonestar, Topekas, Texas Roadhouse. They specialize in steak. Usually pretty good. Mostly depends on the cut and how you want it prepared.

Ruth Chris, Morton's, etc are a steakhouse experience.

Places like Chilis, Ruby Tuesday, Applebee's, etc are not steak houses. I actually got turned off on steak for about 6 months because of Applebee's.
  18. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

thats wonderful Dawn!

We are on the opposite side of the spectrum.. with no car, staying on site, 2 little ones who just LOVE characters, and only going for 1 week and not leaving Disney, we have LOTS of ADRs.
  19. Johnie

Lol yes you do! I'm wondering when you'll have time to ride rides lol
  20. keith

I love really good places and love finding new, to us, places. So we went to longhorn for lunch not wanting to risk one of our 14 nights on it before we knew what it was like. I walked in, sat down and liked the fun styling of the place. If I'm remembering it correctly lots of cow theming around :lol: staff were friendly which was a good start :)

Unfortunately though the steak was very mediocre. What over here I'd call "chain restaurant" and ok, I accept longorn is probably just that! but not that tasty if you take away the added garnishes designed to hide the fact that the meat wasn't the best.

Perhaps I had the wrong steak, I remember thinking I'd rather have the dinner menu than the more limited lunch one. Perhaps the restaurant wasnt the best location.. dunno! but it was very take it or leave it.

I suppose my problem is, I wasn't interested in saving a few bucks but I was hoping that it wouldve been a brilliantly less formal experience but with superb steak.

sure mmmm perhaps that's just more my thing!

yeah I hear you on that one, I ordered a steak from Ruby Tuesday and well, yeah, :lol: