1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

ADRs Made in Anticipation of Free Dining

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by BUTTERHEAD1, Mar 17, 2013.

1. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

Two weeks ago I started making my ADRs in anticipation that Free Dining would be offered again this year. I know there are some on this site that don't like the dining plan but the truth is the free dining offer makes our trip affordable. My kids are considered adults in WDW and the adult menu prices are in my opinion outrageous. So with that said we have ADRs at
    Teppen Edo
    Be Our Guest
    Lunch at 50s Prime Time
    Mama Melrose
    Liberty Tree
    Coral Reef
    Tony's Town Square
  2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Will you still be going if they don't offer free dining?
  3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I don't blame you one bit for hoping for free dining, the prices are silly at Disney these days :rolleyes2: Definitely worth making some ADRs in case.

You've got some nice restaurants there :yes:
  4. Johnie

The prices at WDW are ridiculous. This is why we are eating mostly counter service and off site.
  5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

It's good that it works for you, Butterhead1! :yes:

We did mull it over this time, but chose not to do it because our reservation to stay had been made in such short notice we didn't think we'd have anywhere to dine. As it turns out we walked in to Via Napoli, and were able to secure an ADR for M'sieu Paul's just prior to going.

If they don't offer the free dining, you can always go offsite. :yes: You drive, yes? That makes it much easier, and much more cost effective than dining on property. :yes:
  6. BUTTERHEAD1

To be honest Johnnie we would still go but we would probably stay off property and we would eat our table service meals off of the property as well. This past August prior to staying on the property at Caribbean Beach we stayed at the Omni for nearly the same price (priceline) as a value hotel. I would stay there again or I would Priceline/Hotwire a 4 star hotel for half the price of a value. For what I would pay for a sit down meal on Disney Property I could have dinner and breakfast off the property. I used to be a firm believer that if you weren't staying on the property that you weren't getting that 24 hour magical feeling but I no longer feel that way. Now with that said if Disney throws in free dining then we would definitely stay on property. If there is no free dining then I will cancel most of my reservations if not all of them.
  7. Johnie

I completely understand :yes: We used to do the free dining and always enjoyed it but it doesn't work out price wise for just 2 of us anymore. Now if I there were 4 of us, it would definitely be a good savings.
  8. BUTTERHEAD1

Tink how was Via Napoli? We almost went in August but never made it.
  9. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

One of the best pizzas we've ever had, and hands down the best pizza ever in Florida. It's thin, like NY pizza, but not floppy. It's a soft crust with bits of char here and there from the wood fired oven. The toppings are either choose your own (and get ready for a pricey pie :eek: ) or select a signature pie, which we did.

The individual pie is definitely enough for two to share. :yes:
  10. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Looks like a nice list, BH!

Via Napoli is on my "to do" list for our next trip as well, I do love the look of it!