1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

ADRs... want to hear about my stressful morning?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Mari, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

here it goes...

We booked our trip almost 3 weeks ago ... Thank you Johnie :hug2:

I proceeded to do ALL ADRs exactly at the 180 day mark :yes: (yay for me!)

and then... I woke up at 4:00 this morning and realized something...

We are arriving on March 29th, the clocks here in Mexico dont go forward until the first Sunday in April.. which means the time difference IS NOT one hour, as it is most of the year, but its actually TWO HOURS.. of all the weeks in the year, we picked one of the few where the time difference is 2 hours

So today... I just went crazy and rebooked almost all of my ADRs, because there is NO WAY I can drag 1 preschooler and 1 toddler, even if its to see Mickey, at 6:00am our time, to make it to an ADR at 7:30 our time, which would be 9:30am Orlando time .. not even an "early" breakfast ...

ohhh the stress of planning a vacation hahahahaha

also.. I found out many breakfasts stop at 10am, so in many cases Im booking lunch, but it will really be breakfast for us.. :surrender: hate time changes!
  2. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Oh hon :hug2:

Any way they would adjust to the "new time" in a day or two to allow you to keep some of the ADR's that you've booked?
  3. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Again I refer to a previous post.......:nono:I was assured that there would be no math involved in these forums...:tongue:

Mari...I think you did what you had to do...stressful and all.
  4. Deb

Deb Serious Forum Regular

Oh, I hope you still managed to get the ADRs you wanted. That's a real pain, having to change them all, but it's an easy think to make a mistake on. As you say, of all the weeks for the time difference to be 2 hours... :unimpressed:

We have to really take this into account too. The first few days we are 5 hours ahead of Florida time, so we book the breakfasts that have the earliest sittings. This is after us almost knocking on the door of an IHOP 2 years ago at 6am on our first morning :D We had been awake for hours! And also, the first few days we have an early dinner, just until we get acclimatised. Bad enough with us adults, but with little ones :eek:
  5. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I was able to move them all, except for cindy's, due to the new booking system... but it will just be an early lunch on our last day, so I think we can manage :)

I honestly dont mind getting up earlier, or dining later, we adjust, but the girls.. thats a totally different story... you do NOT want to see Natalia hungry or Tatiana sleepy, believe me, its not a nice sight :nono: :surrender:
  6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

"It's a whole new world..." traveling with children. :hug2: