1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Advanced Dining Reservations Needed for Beaches and Cream from the 18th December

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Wendy, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Yet another quick service restaurant is being added to the Advanced Dining Reservation system. From the 18th December, Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club, will begin taking Advanced Dining Reservations for table seating for lunch and dinner.

2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Personally I think this is a terrible idea. They should just make it bigger. Now we will never get in :-(

3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I agree this place should never require an ADR.

4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

It seems like Disney are trying their best to put folks off from dining on site. :mad:
    What with ADR`s required at most places along with the various pesky dining plans, it really is becoming an effort to do any on-site dining.
    Bring back the good old days of walk-in dining I say. :thumbsup:

5. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I completely agree, if Disney are going to start targeting the Quick Service restaurants for ADRs as well, there really won't be anywhere to eat. I hope they don't choose Cosmic Rays as their next victim :(

As for the good old days, I guess all we can do is dream and reminisce.

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

We all know my opinion on Disney Dining anymore. :sigh:

Requiring an ADR for this place is just silly.

7. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

I thought Beaches and Cream was table service.....

8. Tink

It is, but it's been walk in since it opened. There is one section that is walk in counter service for ice cream, then there is the little (teensie weensie) dining room, where you often had to wait for a table. There are a few stools at the counter, also.

It's now requiring an ADR. :shrug:

9. Johnie

It didn't use to be table service! Then they changed it. It's not worthy of TS IMO. I love it but it's def a CS place

10. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

That's what I meant. Was definitely TS when we went :) We were in the teensy dining room :-D

11. Johnie

That's all they have is the teensy dining room. It's such a small place.

12. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

It's a teensy small place and it used to be great fun to just wander along and pop in. We went there last week and it was as bad as any disney table service restaurant. People hanging around outside/inside all looking at their watches trying to get a table. Servers trying to turn round as many covers as they could in the time.

As we've all said before, Disney won't care as long as every restaurant is packed out continually, but it loses the magic along the way for those of us who've experienced better.

13. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

actually I can see the advantage of being able to make reservations there...It's a huge hassle to get over there to find there's a huge wait, it has put me off dining there in the past. However, i don't like the whole idea of having to organised every part of my holiday- I have a choice over whether to dine at disney or not, it's the fast pass thing that's worrying me now.

14. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

What about the FP thing worries you? We found it to be quite flexible while we were there. Our biggest problem was trying to find availability for TSM other than during our dinner hour. I had tried for 3 days prior to our DHS day to get a time. Suddenly the morning of the day we went, while Donna was trying to change our dining reservation at Concierge, I logged into My Disney Experience and managed to nab a time around noonish. Now admittedly we did VERY limited park hopping on this trip and did not try to use My Disney Experience for FP+ at two parks on the same day, if that is what is troubling you.

15. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

I don't want to say that on a certain day i will go to this park and ride this ride. We generally have an idea of which park we'll go to as i follow crowd calendars as i've always had good results but sometimes you just want to change your mind and go with the flow. With the dining and planning your FP rides it's becoming very prescriptive and more like a job than a vacation! lol

16. keith

yep I agree with that

I don't mind booking a few dining experiences for the evening but having to book pretty much EVERYTHING and then try and book rides as well now? That's too rigid a structure for me on a holiday I'm afraid

17. Tink

Yep. Especially for folks like us. We like to drop in whenever time allows and the mood strikes. We don't plan anything, even when staying on property. We like to go where we please, when we please. If a park is too crowded we hop to another, that sort of thing.

We are fine with passing up long lines for attractions, but if that becomes the norm, we'll not be too pleased. We use FP usually only when we have others with us that are doing the park for the whole day.

Disney is surely becoming a different type of holiday, a different place to visit. I understand, but I don't always like it. I sorely miss our Friday walks around the world showcase with dinner thrown in at wherever we pleased. :sigh:

I honestly think Disney is now moving away from including the local folks... :shrug:

18. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

It seems that they're after the new customers and not the longstanding ones. I guess they can afford to do it even though we all held the company up after 9/11 and the recession. I don't think though that the recession actually hit WDW.

19. keith

yep again I agree. 9/11 hit them hard and in the years that followed we walked around empty parks and empty restaurants. CMs were saying how pleased they were that we came to see them and so on but it's been getting solidly busier ever since that time and I sure didn't see a dip in the "global recession"

I guess as long as new people are filling up the resorts and restaurants, they don't need the people like us who know about the discounts and wrinkles

20. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

I think we forget sometimes that it's a business and the sole purpose is to make money. It's not going to stop me going though!