1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

advice re park choice for friend

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Britchick, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

I have a friend who doesn't really get the disney magic because of a previous bad experience travelling with a big family group about 10 years ago However she is visiting 'friends' in the area and would like to try it out again, she has teenage girls. She is going to go for 2 days - Should she get park hoppers and visit all 4 parks or not have that option and just visit two? and if so which ones? i can see the benefit of all of them with teens. :unsure:

2. graceandhayes

graceandhayes Earning my ears

Our favorite parks, (me, wife, DS7, DD6), are: 1-MK, 2-AK, 3-Epcot, 4-HS. Epcot and Hollywood Studios are generally 1/2 day parks for us. You could also probably do AK in a 1/2 if you don't see the shows. I would recommend at least 1 full day at MK. We generally spend 2 days at MK. I would then look at the attractions at the other 3 parks and see which ones you are most interested in. AK has great rides (Kilimanjaro Safaris, Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, Kali River Rapids) and great shows (Nemo and Lion King would probably appeal to teenagers). Hollywood Studios has a couple of good rides for teenagers and adults (Toy Story, Rock n Roller, Tower of Terror) and good princess shows (Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast on stage). There is not much else at HS that interests our family. I would only recommend Epcot if you are interested in the World Showcase. Future World at Epcot can be done in a 1/2 day.

My suggestion is to spend 1 day at Magic Kingdom and 1 day at Animal Kingdom. If Animal Kingdom does not interest your group, then I would spend 1 day at MK and the second day spend 1/2 at HS and 1/2 at Epcot (You will need Park Hopper for this day only). My advice is to spend at least one full day at MK.

3. Figment

Figment Imagineer

I would advise against trying to do all 4 parks in 2 days...that's just asking for trouble no matter what time of year. My teen's favorite park is DHS due to TT and RnRC. The new Star Tours is awesome, too as it can be done several times and be different each time. And of course, Fantasmic is my favorite show hands down. I love MK and would definitely suggest a full day there, but it all depends on the girts' interests..as teenagers, they may have more fun at EPCOT. Also, with the new Fantasyland opening, we found MK to be an absolute ZOO with wall-to-wall people and LONG wait times (and this was in November!) A CM we talked to said they are expecting really unusually heavy crowds for the next several months. Hopefully they will have a magical time and want to come back another time to follow up with what they missed.

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

No way would I recommend four parks in two days.

Depends on what they like, but my parks in order of preference are EPCOT (there's a real surprise) Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, Disney Hollywood Studios.

5. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

If they've had a bad experience before, then they'd best not go to 4 parks in 2 days.

I would go to Epcot and MK.

6. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I think 2 parks...

Magic Kingdom would be one, because if you dont get the Disney feeling when walking onto Main Street, you wont get it anywhere!

The second one would be a toss up between HS and Epcot... they both have thrill rides, although I prefer the ones in HS better, but the food and ambience and shopping opportunities are by far better at Epcot.

Would not personally recommed AK... In the end, its a zoo, and you can see animals in many other zoos.... I always find it very hot and stuffy, I wouldnt visit if it wasnt for the Festival of the Lion King