1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

afraid of flying to Orlando

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by wishesandpixiedust, Jun 4, 2010.

1. wishesandpixiedust

wishesandpixiedust Earning my ears

oh dont worry I'm going to :yes: theres no way Im not going to go but its already worrying me and I havent even booked it yet

Does anyone else feel this way?

Is there anything good that works for fear of flying? are some planes better than others or anything?

2. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

I am horrendous!! I start thinking about it the day that its booked, the night before im dreadful, the morning of im dreadful and every time that plane takes off im a mess! Im never really settled or happy til the plane lands - but i do it because i know if i dont then i'll never be able to go to Florida again!

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

My DW must be the world`s worst flier even though I always remind her that the pilot and crew have a high regard for their own lives so just put your trust in them.
    Easier said than done I know.

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I don't know too much about it, but you could speak with your doctor and see if there isn't something mild s/he can give you to take the edge off the anxiety.

Maybe an iPod with soothing music and an eye mask to give you a sense of privacy and peace? :unsure:

A glass of wine before take off? :D

5. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

tell me about it :( i can now talk about it without feeling physically sick but its taken 5 weeks :( we have decided to give flying a rest for a while as crying and having a panic attack is no fun for 9 hrs i just lose all rational though :(

6. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

I sympathise... I suffer from severe travel anxiety. :(
    If you don't want to see your GP try natural remedies.
    I use acupressure and take Bach Rescue Remedy. And cling to DH a lot........

7. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

Hi,

I have just completed six hours of NLP and it is huge transformation for me! I used to hate high places such as mountains or anything that is more than one floor!

Since NLP treatment, I went to top of building which is 4th floor and looked across Cardiff town.

The following day I went all the way to the top of John Lewis!

Yesterday I took my dog with my DH to the top of Caerphilly mountain and could see part of Cardiff miles away!

I am not looking forward to flying! (maybe small part of me slightly bit worried) otherwise feel much more relaxed about it!